Help to restore cloud DB messed up password

Leah Hall

May 27, 2024, 3:37:42 AMMay 27
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello :)
Yesterday I uploaded a bunch of dives to my cloud storage, and noticed that the preferences had an old email address of mine. I added my new email address, but I now think I accidentally created a new account.
I don't have access to my old email address any more, and now, I can't access my cloud storage at all. It's not accepting the password I thought I had recorded properly.
Can someone help?

Dirk Hohndel

May 28, 2024, 12:24:23 AMMay 28
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Correct, the cloud storage account is your email address.

Please send me (di...@hohndel.org) an email from your new address.
In that email list your old email address, and give me details for a few of your dives. First dive in the log, date, time location.
two other random dives from the log.

We use the email address as our way to authenticate that this is indeed your account. So if you lose access to the email, I need to convince myself by some other mechanism that this is indeed your account.

/D