Warning tags on dive profile

Danila Mansfield

Mar 8, 2020, 3:49:13 PM3/8/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Running Subsurface on Windows 10 laptop. Uploading from Cressi Leonardo (first to DiveMate through FusionIR) then exporting to Subsurface.
All my dives show these flags on the profile. (see pic attached.) Any ideas?

dive profile.jpg

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 4:33:08 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Can you share the file that DiveMate exported

JB

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

dive profile.jpg

Danila Mansfield

Mar 8, 2020, 4:35:39 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
sure, how do I do that please?!

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 4:37:09 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

When you exported from DiveMate to subsurface I think it should have given you a file, I think DivveMate supply this to you in a Google Drive or Dropbox folder, just reply to this email and attach that file.

Danila Mansfield

Mar 8, 2020, 4:42:50 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
aha, got it, thanks, here it is!

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

Danila_Mansfield_Logbook.xml

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 4:47:59 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, I think it’s what I feared, DiveMate is exporting ‘junk’ files.

An example of a nice dive log is:

  <sample time='40:20 min' depth='7.505 m' />

  <sample time='40:30 min' depth='7.709 m' />

  <sample time='40:40 min' depth='7.923 m' />

  <sample time='40:50 min' depth='8.321 m' />

  <sample time='41:00 min' depth='8.015 m' />

  <sample time='41:10 min' depth='8.678 m' />

  <sample time='41:20 min' depth='9.126 m' />

  <sample time='41:30 min' depth='9.32 m' />

  <sample time='41:40 min' depth='8.29 m' />

  <sample time='41:50 min' depth='7.403 m' />

  <sample time='42:00 min' depth='5.751 m' />

  <sample time='42:10 min' depth='5.537 m' />

  <sample time='42:20 min' depth='5.333 m' />

  <sample time='42:30 min' depth='5.088 m' />

  <sample time='42:40 min' depth='4.803 m' />

  <sample time='42:50 min' depth='5.027 m' />

Your file exported from DiveMate is showing as:

<event time='4:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='4:20 min' type='1' />

  <event time='5:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='5:40 min' type='1' />

  <event time='6:20 min' type='1' />

  <event time='7:20 min' type='1' />

  <event time='9:20 min' type='1' />

  <event time='10:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='10:40 min' type='1' />

  <event time='11:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='15:40 min' type='1' />

  <event time='22:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='23:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='23:20 min' type='1' />

  <event time='24:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='24:20 min' type='1' />

  <event time='25:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='25:40 min' type='1' />

  <event time='26:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='26:40 min' type='1' />

  <event time='27:20 min' type='1' />

  <event time='28:00 min' type='1' />

  <event time='28:20 min' type='1' />

So yes, each and every sample is an ‘event’ and thus you get the little event warning triangle. This is something for the DiveMate people to fix as their export format is wrong.

Jason

Danila Mansfield

Mar 8, 2020, 4:49:38 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
aha, thank you so much! I'll send them the file!

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 4:53:04 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Scrolling a bit further down the file you shared I can see that the DiveMate exported file does actually have <sample time> lines , I guess that’s why you are seeing the dive profile data but the issue is that for every sample it also has the events, these need to be supressed a bit.

I think i’m still leaning towards sending all the DiveMate stuff back for a refund and then using the money you get back you can get  the proper Cressi interface cable/cradle.

That will likely ‘just work’.

emmdarakis

Mar 8, 2020, 5:17:16 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
These triangles have been there in my case too (although I don't use DiveMate at all). These are ascending events reported by the computer.  There are three types of such events although I don't remember the exact numbers. Something like
type 1: 1 to 5 meters per minute,
type 2: 5 to 9 meter per minute and
type 3: 10meter per minute +
Also keep in mind that Leonardo is famous for being very sensitive with ascents (Daniela should have noticed that).
Somehow subsurface treats all these "events" as "warnings" and hence you see so many.
If it was up to me, I would report only type 3 (>10m/min) as warnings.

emmdarakis

Mar 8, 2020, 5:21:50 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Here is an example from a subsurface profile:

  <event time='22:20 min' type='3' value='1' name='ascent' />
  <event time='23:20 min' type='3' value='3' name='ascent' />
  <event time='23:40 min' type='3' value='1' name='ascent' />
  <event time='25:00 min' type='3' value='2' name='ascent' />
  <event time='25:20 min' type='3' value='1' name='ascent' />
  <event time='28:00 min' type='3' value='2' name='ascent' />

I was a bit mistaken. As you can see all these events are reported as type='3' and name='ascent'. The value is what changes (1, 2 or 3 depending the ascending speed).

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 6:04:28 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks emmdarakis that is useful, yours is also a Leonardo but imported directly into Subsurface correct?

Jb

Sent from my iPhone

Danila Mansfield

Mar 8, 2020, 6:07:41 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,
thanks so much for all your assistance and good suggestions!
I'm excited as I just got the Subsurface Mobile version to download the dives on my Leonardo, through the FusionIR, and then I got desktop and mobile to sync to each other, including the manual "test" dive I added. So now that shows that I should be able to work on recreating all my old dives, upload them as CSV and sync to Subsurface mobile, and use that when I travel, and desktop for adding photos, details etc.
I think I'll keep the FusionIR, as it appears to be compatible with a range of computers, but Cressi's interface only works for Cressi.
Thanks!!
Danila

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

emmdarakis

Mar 8, 2020, 6:14:33 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Yes it was Leonardo imported directly to subsurface (desktop) using an FusionIR dongle.
Now I am using a Newton (again with FusionIR directly to subsurface), where the same thing with events/warnings happens too. The difference is that Newton is much less sensitive in reporting those hence much fewer events of this kind happen in each dive.

Robert Helling

Mar 8, 2020, 6:16:39 PM3/8/20

On 8. Mar 2020, at 22:21, emmdarakis <emmda...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was a bit mistaken. As you can see all these events are reported as type='3' and name='ascent'. The value is what changes (1, 2 or 3 depending the ascending speed).

when you right-click on the event icon, you get the option to hide all similar events.

Best
Robert
signature.asc

emmdarakis

Mar 8, 2020, 6:17:49 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
BTW every now and then, to get rid of these very disturbing warnings, I use a Linux script/command (BTW thanks Linus! :) ) that removes all them from my log file.

Danila Mansfield

Mar 8, 2020, 6:18:38 PM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
oh that's interesting! I couldn't get the FusionIR to work with Leonardo to import to Subsurface desktop, but finally got it to work on mobile...

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

Stepfen

Mar 8, 2020, 6:24:11 PM3/8/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Yes you are right, but hiding any kind of these events (value 1,2 or 3) hides all of them - and I don't want to hide events with value = 3 (ascent higher than 10m/min), so that I can be more careful next time.