Saved second dive log to "cloud" and lost access to main dive log

Markley LeLeigh

Sep 1, 2019, 5:28:50 AM9/1/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Subs 4.9.2
OS Mint 18
Comp i450t

I created a new logbook for my freedives with a different name than my normal diving logbook. I saved it to the "cloud" as well. Now I can't figure out how to open my normal dive log from the "cloud", as everytime I use "open from cloud" it just redownloads my free dive log. How do I choose which one to open from your servers now that I've stored two there? I'm quite confident it didn't overwrite my main log, as it would have given a warning about overwriting (and it didn't).
Thanks,
-Mark

Lars Dennert

Sep 1, 2019, 11:47:29 AM9/1/19
to Subsurface Divelog
One dive log per cloud account. It is not scalable.i hope you have a backup of the scuba dives.

Doug Junkins

Sep 1, 2019, 12:02:31 PM9/1/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Before you start to worry if you did not have a backup, the Subsurface cloud storage is built on git, which means previous revisions of the log can be retrieved by rolling back the commits that were made when you saved the freedive log on top of your old log. It is probably best to wait for one of the git experts to weigh in on how best to do that.

-Doug

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 1, 2019, at 8:47 AM, Lars Dennert <larsd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One dive log per cloud account. It is not scalable.i hope you have a backup of the scuba dives.

Markley LeLeigh

Sep 1, 2019, 3:13:00 PM9/1/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Local cached copy is up to date - my data is fine.
But...
If it's one dive log per account, then why wouldn't it give warning about overwriting when trying to save a completely differently named dive log overtop of the existing one? If you're correct about the one account thing, then I suppose this is actually a bug report about no-warning-overwrite-of-cloud-log.

Also... if you're correct, then what do scuba/ccr divers who also freedive do? Make a new e-mail address, use that to make a second cloud account, then edit the settings in subsurface every time they need to use switch logs? Or is there some simple solution I'm missing here?

Thanks,
-Mark

Dirk Hohndel

Sep 1, 2019, 4:21:08 PM9/1/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The email address is the identifier for your Subsurface cloud account. So whatever you write to that account is what's there.
This works entirely as designed.

If you want multiple cloud accounts, use multiple email addresses.

And use the --user=freediver argument to Subsurface to create a second local account as well, that way you can deal with having two sets of settings.

/D

Lars Dennert

Sep 1, 2019, 5:20:46 PM9/1/19
to Subsurface Divelog
You could add a cylinder in your scuba log called lung and filter to view free dives.

Dirk Hohndel

Sep 1, 2019, 5:37:59 PM9/1/19
to Lars Dennert, Subsurface Divelog
Why not just add a tag "freedive"?

On September 1, 2019 2:20:46 PM PDT, Lars Dennert <larsd...@gmail.com> wrote:
You could add a cylinder in your scuba log called lung and filter to view free dives.

--
From my phone

Markley LeLeigh

Nov 30, 2019, 1:34:21 PM11/30/19
to Subsurface Divelog
If you do both (free and scuba), you wouldn't want your freedives to number with your dives, otherwise it would look like you've logged far more dives than you actually have.

David Nadal Presents Underwater

Nov 30, 2019, 2:53:09 PM11/30/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
????????   im just a diver  SCUBA    just want my scubapro irda dongle  TO work with my pc uhhhhh

Darrell Barabash

Nov 30, 2019, 5:56:39 PM11/30/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Renamed to a more meaningful subject.

There are several threads in this group regarding IRDA attachment, use the "search for messages" feature to find them. Maybe your answer is there.

This is a very helpful and active group. But, to be honest, your text comes across as a bit rude and you've given so little information that nobody is able to answer. It's like when my wife says the "car is broken" and is expecting a solution based on that little bit of information.

Anyway ... I run only Linux and posted a solution using a generic IRDA dongle and connecting it to a Scubapro Galileo Sol:  https://groups.google.com/d/msg/subsurface-divelog/bqBsIQ0PPV0/drytOpEdCwAJ

Part of the problem is, as I understand it from Linus Torvalds, is that IRDA support in general is being phased out. None the less, what I posted above works for me. If you're running Windows, sorry, can't help as I don't own one.

Neil Meston

Dec 1, 2019, 5:56:59 AM12/1/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Thank you  I certainly didnotmeanto be rude and the comments were to MS.
Sorry

Neil

David Nadal Presents Underwater

Dec 1, 2019, 9:15:09 AM12/1/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
thanks  Neal

 been diving fr 50 yrs

Dear Neil

 My mac is currently CATALINA  10.15.1   operating   system   on my  Mac Book Pro 13 in
 The SCUBAPRO irda dongle WORKS with my Scubapro Luna dive computer  and i log in with  log track  1.6.0.3. on my mac book pro all is GOOD!
 BUT on one of my HD  pc s  i uninstaled the dongle uhhhhhhh  worst thing i could have DONE uhhh
 no matter what i do it won’t work  uhhhh  i took everything off my hd pc and re booted the pc  i tried to install the  irda  but in device mang.  it comes up  as
 STlr42xx uhhhhhhhh

Jules  at  Scubapro supposedly was sending me an e mail  with  a  LINK to a  fix to get the irda to work  uhhh

But  back and forth with emails and i sent him 2 mails he still has not responded uhhhh

My other  HD  PC everything  WORKSSSSS!!!   same windows 10  as  my first HD  PC

I bought a new $325.00  hp at best buy i have till jan to return it and get my hard earned MONEY  back!!!
i installed da thing!!!!  it still comes up    STlr42x uhhhh

   Neal   would you possibly know the fix jules is trying to send me???
  Im  with Scubapro 50 yrs uhhh

 i was thinking of going to ATOMIC !!  to buy there BC and  computer BUT im told  there computer  has batt life issues uhhh   I was also  told  Atomic  sold

  out to another  company  uhhhh

   i give up     Dave

neil....@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2019, 9:50:30 AM12/1/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

David

All I can find is a driver by Sigmatel as follows  STlr4200 and to download and see.

Regards

Neil

David Nadal Presents Underwater

Dec 1, 2019, 10:13:00 PM12/1/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Markley LeLeigh

Dec 15, 2019, 2:36:24 AM12/15/19
to Subsurface Divelog
That bizarre message above was not from me (the original poster) and had nothing to do with the subject of the thread.