subsurface 4.9.4 on Mac don't start

Sebastian Zielke

May 6, 2020, 10:17:58 AM5/6/20
to Subsurface Divelog
When I start the program :

„Subsurface“ kann nicht geöffnet werden, da Apple darin nicht nach Schadsoftware suchen kann.

Diese Software muss aktualisiert werden. Wende dich an den Entwickler, um weitere Informationen zu erhalten.

subsurface 4.9.4

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Does anybody else have these problem? solutions?

greetings

sebastian

Stuart Vernon

May 6, 2020, 10:27:06 AM5/6/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

I have Subsurface 4.9.4, running on MacOS 10.15.4.

It works fine for me.

The only anomaly I noted was that I had 4.9.3 (? The previous version). It was configured to use my cloud log by default. After I updated to 4.9.4, it was defaulting to opening a local log file. I only had to go into Preferences and change the radio button back to cloud storage (my credentials were still there, I think) in order to “fix” it. And I guess that could possibly have been unrelated to the version update. I updated the same day that Dirk told me there had just been a problem with the cloud storage running out of inodes or something like that. So, I guess the reversion to a local log as default could have been something to do with that.

Sebastian Zielke

May 6, 2020, 10:32:06 AM5/6/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Problem solved !

Andy

May 6, 2020, 11:42:27 AM5/6/20
to Subsurface Divelog

I have got the same problem. How did you solve it?

Sebastian Zielke

May 6, 2020, 11:49:22 AM5/6/20
to Subsurface Divelog
You have to go to security option in the system settings.
there you can declare subsurface as an reliable/safe app

greetings Sebastian

Andy

May 6, 2020, 2:53:28 PM5/6/20
to Subsurface Divelog

Thank you it worked. I did not realize that this message is caused by not beeing reliable

Regards Andy

Stuart Vernon

May 6, 2020, 2:58:47 PM5/6/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

It is not caused by Subsurface being unreliable.

It is caused by Subsurface being published by a developer that is not Apple. Apple considers anybody else to be unreliable or unsafe.

From: Subsurface Group <subsurfac...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Andy <anre...@gmail.com>

Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 2:53 PM
To: Subsurface Group <subsurfac...@googlegroups.com>

max erenberg

May 14, 2020, 2:20:20 PM5/14/20
to Subsurface Divelog
I am having the same issues. I can't get it to open or figure out how to specifically add it as trusted. I get a warning the 1st time I try to open after download and click to open it, but it won't open. Running 10.11.16

Dirk Hohndel

May 14, 2020, 2:41:46 PM5/14/20
to Subsurface Divelog
After it fails to open, open the system preferences / security. You'll see a note in there that it failed to open an app and you can select open anyway.

Actually, take that back. macOS 10.11 is not supported anymore. The Qt version we use requires macOS 10.12 these days. So your issue may be different.

/D