Problems with Petrel 1

Chris S

Aug 27, 2022, 8:56:59 PM8/27/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I can't seem to get my Petrel 1 to talk to Subsurface across a wide range of devices.

So far have tried using:

M1 MacBook (Subsurface crashed shortly after the bluetooth scan and clicking pair)
Intel Macbook (same crash as M1 Macbook)

iPhone (the petrel isn't an option here)

Pixel 5 (Nothing shows in connection drop-down) re-scan doesn't appear to do anything

Windows 10 PC with bluetooth dongle - never finds the device.

Pixel 5 can download most of the dives via shearwater cloud (but does error out on the last few related to memory). Petrel was just serviced at the US Shearwater service center last month.

rEvo (with RMS) Petrel, firmware v72, Hardware 3.0.0 total dives 337, Dive time 334h06m

I'm sure I'm missing something here, getting data from a dive computer can't be this difficult.  Oh on all of those devices talking to other shearwater computers isn't a problem at all, just the one computer that starting in 2 weeks I'll care the most about lol

Chris S

Aug 27, 2022, 10:20:42 PM8/27/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Totally resetting and restoring the Pixel to the factory seemed to have let it start working.  I did submit a bug report about the MacOS crashes as that absolutely doesn't seem like the intended behavior.