Please, what is the good version for mac OS 10.5.5 ?

Emmanuel C.

Jun 10, 2019, 9:32:50 AM6/10/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello fellow divers,
I want to run Subsurface on my Mac but the lastest version "needs newer version of Mac OS than mine (10.5.5).
Please, what is the good version of Subsurface for mac OS 10.5.5 ?

(It's because I want to export my divelogs in CSV, xml or another format). I want to study the accurate data collected by Subsurface Mobile.

In SubsurfaceMobile, is there a way to export or "zoom in" a dive profile (for study the speeds reached during ascents).

I use Scubapro Sport Matrix, no problem to connect via BLE and download my dives.

Congratulation for theses wonderfull Apps and programs.

Best from France,
Emmanuel

Dirk Hohndel

Jun 10, 2019, 9:45:31 AM6/10/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
macOS 10.5.5 is from September 2008, more than 10 years old.
On Mac it is surprisingly hard to maintain compatibility with older versions of the OS - Apple forces you to move forward fairly rapidly.
I would also assume that this is running on a very old Mac, and we have in the past have problems that modern compilers include instructions that aren't supported in such old chips, causing random crashes.

There is a small chance that https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/Subsurface-4.0-32bit-10.6.dmg might run on your system, but I'm not sure it will.
And it's likely that this 5+ year old version won't correctly interact with cloud storage written by a current Subsurface-mobile version.

As for zooming the dive profile on the mobile version - sorry, that isn't supported at this point.

/D

Emmanuel C.

Jun 10, 2019, 11:07:25 AM6/10/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Thank you very much for the quick answer Dirk.
Sorry, my question is WRONG, my OS version is 10.10.5 (NOT 10.5.5 as mentionned by mistake, sorry).
My MacBook Pro is early 2015...

My apologize.

(I tried to edit the title of the subject, but it didn't work (I'm new on google groups...).

Emmanuel

Dirk Hohndel

Jun 10, 2019, 1:19:52 PM6/10/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Subsurface 4.7.8 should work with 10.10 (but I don't have access to a 10.10 system anymore, so I cannot verify)

Emmanuel C.

Jun 11, 2019, 5:49:04 PM6/11/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hy Dirk and All,
YES !!!, Subsurface 4.7.8 work fine with MAC OS 10.10.5.

I installed it easilly on my Mac.
I have had a problem to import my dives send with SubsurfaceMobile on the Subsurface's cloud. Connection problem ("wrong password"). The reason was that my password with upper caps had been transformed with only lower case.

Logged, I have downloaded my dives from Cloud, and start to discover the Program. Really full of all a diver needs.

I'm really glad to find a really far far better program than Scubapro Logtrack.

Studying our datas is important for security.

I'll try to find how I can help for theses wonderfull Apps and programs.

Congratulation to the dev team and community.

Best from France, deep or not, dive as you like, in security.
Emmanuel