AquaLung i300c

Vasja Bojanic

Jun 18, 2018, 4:19:09 PM6/18/18
to Subsurface Divelog
Is there any way to download dives to my Windows 10 laptop from AquaLung i300C via Bluetooth link?

Anton Lundin

Jun 22, 2018, 8:30:25 AM6/22/18
to Subsurface Divelog
Not yet, but there are things happening in that area, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/subsurface-divelog/tC192J4lX_M

Vasja Bojanic

Jun 26, 2018, 4:08:24 AM6/26/18
to Subsurface Divelog
Thank You Anton for the info.

Peter Reinold

Nov 10, 2018, 9:02:41 PM11/10/18
to Subsurface Divelog
I am using the same divecomputer and it would be great to be able to download. unfortunately, it seems aqualungs setup is pretty crappy as even the official app they recommend cant download it. At least i was unable too...

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Nov 11, 2018, 12:27:47 AM11/11/18
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
hi,

try installing the latest Windows 10 update + the latest driver for
your Bluetooth chip your mother board.
this fixed bad connections on Windows 10 for a couple of BTLE dive
computers on my side.
sadly, the Windows 10 support for BTLE is still work in progress by
Microsoft and all the driver vendors.

in the linked thread provided by Miika there is a experimental
Subsurface Zip installer for download + a small guide.
(the video in particular is out of date).

lubomir
--

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Nov 11, 2018, 12:29:09 AM11/11/18
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 at 07:27, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> in the linked thread provided by Miika

oops, i meant Anton.

lubomir

Jef Driesen

Nov 11, 2018, 2:42:51 AM11/11/18
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Peter Reinold
On 11/11/18 03:02, Peter Reinold wrote:
> I am using the same divecomputer and it would be great to be able to download.
> unfortunately, it seems aqualungs setup is pretty crappy as even the
> official app they recommend cant download it. At least i was unable too...

The i300C is only supported by their mobile application (Android/iOS), using the
bluetooth LE connection. The desktop applications don't support it. I have no
idea why, because they do provide the usb interface, and it works fine, just not
with their own application!

https://www.ediverlog.com/faq.html

PS: Support for the i300C will be available in libdivecomputer soon. I'm doing
the final verification now, but due to the above problem, that's a bit inconvenient.

Jef

Peter Reinold

Nov 11, 2018, 10:08:27 AM11/11/18
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi,

i have the latest updates on everything and windows is actually paired with the device. for some reason subsurface wont find it.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 at 04:02, Peter Reinold <mcc....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using the same divecomputer and it would be great to be able to download. unfortunately, it seems aqualungs setup is pretty crappy as even the official app they recommend cant download it. At least i was unable too...
>
> On Monday, June 18, 2018 at 4:19:09 PM UTC-4, Vasja Bojanic wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way to download dives to my Windows 10 laptop from AquaLung i300C via Bluetooth link?

Peter Reinold

Nov 11, 2018, 10:09:29 AM11/11/18
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi,

yeah i tried their mobile appication but even there i have issues to connect as it asks for a passcode and i wasnt find anything in the documentation which passcode to use. so not even that works right. The software recognizes it as i300c but thats it....

Michael Newman

Jan 8, 2019, 2:26:19 AM1/8/19
to Subsurface Divelog

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 2:42:51 PM UTC+7, Jef Driesen wrote:

PS: Support for the i300C will be available in libdivecomputer soon. I'm doing
the final verification now, but due to the above problem, that's a bit inconvenient.

Has this happened yet?

I'm thinking of getting the AquaLung i300c, but I'd want to make sure that it works with BlueTooth on a Mac (Mojave) before I do.

Linus Torvalds

Jan 8, 2019, 1:07:50 PM1/8/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The i300c is supported, but nobody has actually tested it with BLE. It
might work, and it might not. The serial side hopefully does work (I
don't know how much testing it has gotten, but Jef clearly added the
basic support, so I assume it's ok).

If I had to guess, I would expect the i300c BLE to just work. Janice
McLaughlin reported that it had the exact same BLE handshake as the
i770R, which makes me strongly suspect it's using the same BLE model.

But without any actual testing, I can not guarantee anything.

Linus

Joseph Seremba

Mar 31, 2019, 11:05:16 PM3/31/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello,

I own an i300C and have a Windows computer. I can download the dives to my Android phone. But cannot get the dives to my laptop. I just found this thread. Has anyone had success with  dowmloading dives to their Windows computer? Which software are you using.

Thank you,
Joe

Linus Torvalds

Apr 1, 2019, 5:59:44 PM4/1/19

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 20:05 Joseph Seremba <joseph...@gmail.com> wrote:

I own an i300C and have a Windows computer. I can download the dives to my Android phone.

Using the Android version of Subsurface?

But cannot get the dives to my laptop. I just found this thread. Has anyone had success with  dowmloading dives to their Windows computer?

Hmm. The windows BLE support is fairly new and has been somewhat rough. But the actual downloading and dive parsing code is shared between all the Subsurface versions, so assuming you can get the windows BLE code to work for you, the i300c parts should all just work.

As far as I know, the trick to getting BLE to work on Windows is to run an up-to-date version of Win 10, and pair the dive computer on the system side first.

But I don't actually use Windows personally, so maybe somebody else can pipe up..

       Linus

Joseph Seremba

Apr 1, 2019, 7:02:34 PM4/1/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
First of all thank you for trying to help. I am not tech savy so really do not understand " and pair the dive computer on the system side first" . But, I did get the computer to see the phone. The problem now is that the diverlog drop down does not contain the i300C. I think it does contain the i770R.I will look tonight.

Thanks again
Joe

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Apr 5, 2019, 10:30:22 AM4/5/19
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 06:05, Joseph Seremba <joseph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I own an i300C and have a Windows computer. I can download the dives to my Android phone. But cannot get the dives to my laptop. I just found this thread. Has anyone had success with dowmloading dives to their Windows computer? Which software are you using.

for some reason, i find it hard obtaining information of what DC is
BTLE enabled even from official DC documentation.

for Windows we have some notes in the user manual:
https://subsurface-divelog.org/documentation/subsurface-4-user-manual/

find -> "5.2.2. Connecting Subsurface to a Bluetooth-enabled dive
computer" -> "On Windows"

to summarize:
- there are BTLE stability problems on Windows.
- you need the latest version of Windows 10 + latest BTLE chip driver.
- go to the Bluetooth devices list in the Control Panel and manually:
1) pair 2) try download from Subsurface 3) unpair, repeat 1).
in Subsurface make sure that the correct DC vendor + model is selected
and also that the address starts with "LE".

this is known to work with OSTC+ and Shearwater Perdix.

lubomir

Joseph Seremba

Apr 6, 2019, 4:00:18 AM4/6/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com