GPS Data time

max erenberg

Jul 1, 2020, 11:05:18 AM7/1/20
to Subsurface Divelog

Using The mobile app version 3.0.9 (4.9.5.8)
On an iPhone 8 Running 13.5.1

When I run location services the time stamps for the GPS data points differs from that of my phone, Maybe its on GMT? I did not check back before I deleted them to confirm if it is GMT of some random time.
 I can piece it together to manually add the locations to the desktop version, but as the time stamps don't line up with the actual dive times I can't just apply GPS data fixes to the dives.

Is there a way to change the clock setting within the APP?

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 1, 2020, 11:40:34 AM7/1/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The time stamps are done with the time settings of your phone.
The dive time stamps come from your dive computer.
I assume that there's an offset between your dive computer and your phone.

/D

max erenberg

Jul 1, 2020, 1:34:25 PM7/1/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Thats what I thought but it not what's happening. I just enabled location services at 12:30pm 7/1/20 (According to my phone) the GPS fix says 7/1/20 5:30pm, which would be like GMT without daylight savings? I'm 6hrs behind GMT, and the GPS fixes are 5 hours in the future

max erenberg

Jul 1, 2020, 1:45:50 PM7/1/20
to Subsurface Divelog

max erenberg

Jul 1, 2020, 1:59:24 PM7/1/20
to Subsurface Divelog

i'm trying to attach a screen shot but im getting a server rejected error

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 3, 2020, 1:47:12 PM7/3/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Fascinating.
I haven't been on a dive trip in nine months and apparently this got broken at some point. I just wonder when and how, as I don't see any suspicious changes in the code.
But then, it's been so long that I'm not even sure when I tested this the last time (as I now have a Garmin dive watch and therefore typically don't rely on the location service anymore).

I'll try to figure out how this got broken (as that is usually the best approach to fix things), but for now let's say "yeah, I see what you are saying".

Thanks

/D

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 11, 2020, 5:29:55 PM7/11/20
to Subsurface Divelog
I found the bug. I'll create a 3.0.10 beta app - on iOS unfortunately we'll have to wait until Apple approves the build, which can take a few days. But this should be fixed in that build.

To join the TestFlight beta test (and to get notified when 3.0.10 is ready to be tested, please go here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/k2OGhIS5

/D