i300c and Subsurface mobile

ktodd...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2018, 1:14:55 PM12/2/18
to Subsurface Divelog
I have an Aqualung i300C which has bluetooth. Will Subsurface mobile sync with it on my iphone. I noticed on the Subsurface app when I try to select a dive computer under the field Vendor name: Aqualung the next field Dive Computer: only lists i770 R.

Peter Reinold

Dec 2, 2018, 1:28:13 PM12/2/18
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi,

I had the same issue. I was hoping to download the dive data via bluetooth to either my laptop (subsurface) or my mobile subsurface. but that is not possible. The only way i know to get it into subsurface is to download the official supported DiverLog+ app. With this app you can download the dive from the i300C to your mobile. Sign up for the cloud account (there is a free version). Sync DiverLog+ with the cloud.
Go to the cloud website: https://divecloud.net/ and export your dive(s) there. Now you can import it via subsurface. You might have to change the file type on the subsurface import screen to list the dives.

Once there, you can sync it via subsurface cloud to your mobile.

Linus Torvalds

Dec 2, 2018, 3:00:26 PM12/2/18
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Dirk Hohndel
Jef has committed his i300C changes to libdivecomputer, and I merged
them. That should mean that the serial transport works (Jef
presumably tested that part), but for the iphone sync you obviously do
need BLE.

I *have* enabled BLE support for it, but I don't have any real way to
test it, since I don't have access to an i300C.

We should do the BLE handshake right - it's supposedly the same as the
i770R - but it's entirely possible that the i300C reports a different
version over BLE downloading than over serial (that seems to be the
case with the i770R, from what I've seen).

So it would be good to get a log from somebody who tries with a new
build using the (just pushed out) libdivecomputer version. Maybe it
works - but quite possible it doesn't, and the log might tell me more.

Dirk?

Linus

Peter Reinold

Dec 2, 2018, 9:58:11 PM12/2/18
to Subsurface Divelog
Awesome, this are amazing news. I will try this out the next time i use the i300C.

Thanks a lot for the amazing work.

Michael Newman

Jan 14, 2019, 12:54:26 AM1/14/19
to Subsurface Divelog

On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 3:00:26 AM UTC+7, Linus Torvalds wrote:
We should do the BLE handshake right - it's supposedly the same as the
i770R - but it's entirely possible that the i300C reports a different
version over BLE downloading than over serial (that seems to be the
case with the i770R, from what I've seen).

So it would be good to get a log from somebody who tries with a new
build using the (just pushed out) libdivecomputer version. Maybe it
works - but quite possible it doesn't, and the log might tell me more.

Dirk?

I will be in Bangkok next week and hope to make it to the Aqualung dealer to check out the i300C. Is there anything I can do while there to see if I can get Subsurface on my iPhone (6s) to handshake with it?

Jim-Stefhan Johansen

Jan 14, 2019, 4:38:01 AM1/14/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have i300c, tried Bluetooth on both Linux and android without success. If you could provide me steps for what you need I'd be happy to help.

Linus Torvalds

Jan 14, 2019, 11:57:52 PM1/14/19
On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 9:38 PM Jim-Stefhan Johansen <jim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have i300c, tried Bluetooth on both Linux and android without success. If you could provide me steps for what you need I'd be happy to help.

If you can do a trial download, and then send the logifle to me I'll
take a look.

On the desktop, check both the "libdivecomputer logfile" and
"subsurface logfile" options and send both.

On android, you can go to the "hamburger option", then "developer" and
then "app log", and there was some trick to sharing it. That I forget.
Dirk?

Linus

Dirk Hohndel

Jan 15, 2019, 12:05:34 AM1/15/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Linus Torvalds
You don't even need to go to the developer options. Simply go to the About menu and got that button. Then you can paste the logs into an email...

But I'm not sure there is an apk with a new enough libdivecomputer...
Which version so we need for that, Linus?

/D
--
From my phone

Linus Torvalds

Jan 15, 2019, 12:13:22 AM1/15/19
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019, 17:05 Dirk Hohndel <di...@hohndel.org wrote:

But I'm not sure there is an apk with a new enough libdivecomputer...
Which version so we need for that, Linus?

The i300c needs the "Fix OCEANIC_COMMON_MATCH pattern ..." commit.

So either current -tip (which has the upstream merge from Jef) or the coming before that. Commit e4c96e9 or 33253b2.

And obviously the Linux binary would need similarly recent libdivecomputer.

The Android binary also needs the BLE name fix that you did on the Subsurface side for mobile.

      Linus

Jim-Stefhan Johansen

Jan 22, 2019, 1:33:15 PM1/22/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello,

I'm not sure if you mean the support is not in yet by that last comment, but I was trying to get the logfiles now.

Logfile from Android device is here: https://pastebin.com/1kuqnbqp

On linux I only have options to save libdivecomputer logfile and libdivecomputer dumpfile, don't see option for subsurface logfile.

I tried to check both but only see the libdivecomputer logfile created, which only has two lines in it so might have gone wrong and it was actually called subsurface.log by default.
subsurface.log
Screenshot_20190122_181546.png