Issues importing from my Uemis Zurich Computer

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 6:06:23 AM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi,
I am using version 4.4.2 on a MAC iOS 10.9.5.
When trying to import dives from my Uemis Zurich, the download seems to work but when the progress bar is ar 100% no dive was actually loaded. The Uemis shows sync with myUemis as usually when I sync with the Uemis web site.

Any ideas ?

Btw. I am new to subsurface but love it already :-)

Thanks for helping.
Guido

PS: While writing this I got this error message. My drive is certainly not full, the Uemis has about 10% logbook capacity used.

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 7:52:29 AM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog
I also installed the windows version (same) and tried to import my dives ( about 250 ).
The download starts and looks good, when the progress bar reaches the end, the app becomes unresponsive and the Uemis stays in Sync mode. It's this case since 5 minutes now ... I give it another 5 ... another 10 minutes and still stalled ...

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 8:00:58 AM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog
Another weird observation ...
Restarting subsurface and trying to download again, this time without to force all dives, resulted in showing individual data near the progress bar (Windows) to be downloaded, Uemis NOT in sync mode. At the end of the the progress bar I got an error message that the file system is full ...
Reconnecting and redoing above resulted in the Uemis showing the sync and the app to crash at when the progress bar was at its end...

Dirk Hohndel

Aug 11, 2015, 8:27:12 AM8/11/15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
 I'm on vacation right now, I'll respond when I'm back at my computer. Uemis download is a bit buggy in 4.4.2 it seems, but I'm sure we can get this to work for you.

/D

--
Sent from my phone

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 1:56:12 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog
Thanks Dirk,

I am developing since 20 years and run a QA organisation now, if you need a tester let me know :-)
I am also interested in helping in development if you care about this.

Cheers
Guido

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 12:06:23 PM UTC+2, bubbles wrote:
Hi,
I am using version 4.4.2 on a MAC iOS 10.9.5.
When trying to import dives from my Uemis Zurich, the download seems to work but when the progress bar is ar 100% no dive was actually loaded. The Uemis shows sync with myUemis as usually when I sync with the Uemis web site.

Any ideas ?

Btw. I am new to subsurface but love it already :-)

Thanks for helping.
Guido

PS: While writing this I got this error message. My drive is certainly not full, the Uemis has about 10% logbook capacity used.

Robert C. Helling

Aug 11, 2015, 2:00:16 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog
Guido,

Any help is definitely very very much appreciated! Testing would be great as we are not really good and thorough with that but patches are of course great as well.

Best
Robert

Tomaz Canabrava

Aug 11, 2015, 2:23:37 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog
On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Robert C. Helling <atd...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Guido,

Any help is definitely very very much appreciated! Testing would be great as we are not really good and thorough with that but patches are of course great as well.

YES, we need a good tester to help us improve our testings too. :)

Best
Robert

Dirk Hohndel

Aug 11, 2015, 2:26:56 PM8/11/15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
What Tomaz meant to say is that we could really use some help building better tests and a better test infrastructure. :-)

/D

--
Sent from my phone

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 4:19:04 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog, tcana...@kde.org
Ok,
Where can I find documentation on how to build a test environment ?

I am diving since 1963 with a children break of about 5 years and are at about 1200 dives now.
I have an OSTC 3, a UEMIS, a PUK Pro and a Nemo wide for testing and can easily organize some
others :-) as I am an instructor since 20 years and have some connections.

I am afraid you guys have to invest a little to get me started, time, not money :-)

Cheers and thanks for the replies.

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 4:22:12 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog
:-) got that. Good testing is not as easy as people think and it's never good enough.
There is no app without defects, important is only that users dont find them easily.

My team test about 50 different applications out of which some are xM line of code.
More in private, do you guys have a private chat room ?

Guido

On Aug 11, 2015, at 20:23, Tomaz Canabrava <tcana...@kde.org> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Robert C. Helling <atd...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Guido,

Any help is definitely very very much appreciated! Testing would be great as we are not really good and thorough with that but patches are of course great as well.

YES, we need a good tester to help us improve our testings too. :)

Best
Robert

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 4:26:43 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog, tcana...@kde.org
Found the build section on the web and will work with that, bug you guys again if I run into issues, need to check what is required on my side.

Tomaz Canabrava

Aug 11, 2015, 4:31:39 PM8/11/15
to bubbles, Subsurface Divelog

We do have, it's #subsurface on freenode, I can spend all the time you need if you are willing to help. =)

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 4:40:12 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog, guido...@gmail.com, tcana...@kde.org
I'll check that out ... my issue us that I am pretty fit in java and C# but not so much in C which I assume you guys wrote that in. I also dont have a Linux box, only MAC.
I can certainly advise in getting test plans and scripts but I'd also like to be able to debug in runtime, so I see the code and understand what and how stuff needs to be tested - how I get there is not clear to me yet.
Makes sense ?

Tomaz Canabrava

Aug 11, 2015, 4:59:02 PM8/11/15
to bubbles, Subsurface Divelog

It's pretty easy to make and debug on Mac, I use it, Dirk too and there's also another dev that also is a mac user.

Subsurface compiles natively and there is a build script to help that

bubbles

Aug 11, 2015, 5:01:54 PM8/11/15
to Subsurface Divelog, guido...@gmail.com, tcana...@kde.org
You use xCode to debug, Eclipse or what ?

Tomaz Canabrava

Aug 11, 2015, 5:07:09 PM8/11/15
to bubbles, Subsurface Divelog

Qtcreator or lldb by hand. You can use eclipse or xcode, but I'v never used them so I really don't know how to set it up.

Robert C. Helling

Aug 11, 2015, 6:08:57 PM8/11/15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, guido...@gmail.com, tcana...@kde.org

On 11 Aug 2015, at 23:01, bubbles <guido...@gmail.com> wrote:

Guido,

You use xCode to debug, Eclipse or what ?

I am the other mac person here (but there is Henrik as well). I use Qt Creator which turns out to work quite well (just open the cmake file there as a project description). I once tried to use xcode and was able to build and then use the profiler (as that does not exist in creator) but then returned to Creator.

Best
Robert
signature.asc

Guido Lerch

Aug 11, 2015, 6:22:27 PM8/11/15
to Robert C. Helling, subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, tcana...@kde.org
Thanks guys. I do some try and error over the next days.
Time for bed now here :-)

G. Lerch

Miika Turkia

Aug 11, 2015, 11:04:38 PM8/11/15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Robert C. Helling, Tomaz Canabrava
Note that the build instructions on our web pages are for the released
version. There is more up-to-date instructions on our git repository
in INSTALL file.

We have some test cases under the tests directory. Once you have
Subsurface compiled, you can run "make test" under the build directory
to compile and run the tests. And of course, it is also possible to
look into more details in specific test cases. E.g. compile parsing
tests: "make TestParse". This will show compile errors that are hidden
in the "make test" as are more detailed prints of individual tests. So
if a test case fails, you can get more information by running just
that specific test "./TestParse". We are currently lacking quite a bit
on the test coverage, just the framework in place...

miika
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/subsurface-divelog/1439331745.893132949%40f19.my.com.

Dirk Hohndel

Aug 12, 2015, 1:20:44 AM8/12/15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Please use the install instructions you can find in the sources which will point you to the build.sh script which will make building much easier

Building from source is realistically only supported on Linux and Mac. We cross build our Windows binaries...

As Tomaz pointed out we also have #subsurface on Freenode. None of these are truly private, though.

Hope this helps

--
Sent from my phone