Cressi Leonardo

Hiker Dood (Jeff Sovelove)

Jun 2, 2023, 9:39:22 AM6/2/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi, I'm trying to import my Cressi Leonardo dive logs and I can't seem to get it to work, even with the computer in the cradle and the USB plugged in.  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Jeff

JB2Cool

Jun 2, 2023, 9:59:41 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
What platform are you using? Desktop software rather than mobile i resume but Windows, Linux or macOS? Does it give any error? What does the connection window look like? Does the cradle show up as a COM port?

No promise I'll be able to help but these are the kind of things that the devs will need answers to.

Jason

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 10:12:17 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I just tried it again and somehow it worked.  Thanks.

Jeff

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Subsurface Divelog" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/subsurface-divelog/CACuYfN5N6bUsnEPu2GFBGk_BhaZmM%3DO3J_KAmAvoozsmHGHErg%40mail.gmail.com.

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 10:22:51 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
New issue, it's only importing 60 of my 81 dives.  Is there a limit on the number of divers that can be imported?  It's not importing my dives from 2018.  My Leonardo shows 81 dives when I go to the log.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

JB2Cool

Jun 2, 2023, 10:25:02 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Got to love those computers, user support is my day job and you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) how often problems just go away once the user tells me about their issue.

JB

Hiker Dood (Jeff Sovelove)

Jun 2, 2023, 10:26:37 AM6/2/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Sorry, it appears to be an issue with my Leonardo.  Is there any way to import the log files from my PC with the .dlg extension?

Many many thanks.

Jeff

JB2Cool

Jun 2, 2023, 10:31:48 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Ah now that is a different issue, those dives are possibly not even on the dive computer any more, the dive computer may know about them but might not have any information about them any longer,this is pretty normal and not much you can do about it i'm afraid other than manufacture those missing dives yourself.

Jason

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 10:33:59 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
That's pretty much what I thought.  Wish I'd bought a better dive computer before this.  I just picked up a Garmin Descent G1 Solar.

Thanks.

Jeff

JB2Cool

Jun 2, 2023, 10:38:08 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
All computers will have a limit to how much info they can hold, some just hold more than others.

What was your old logging software with the .dlg files?

JB

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 10:39:04 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
It's the Cressi PC interface.

Jeff

JB2Cool

Jun 2, 2023, 10:52:16 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I think in the past we've suggested using divelogs.de as an intermediate step so you can ingest your .dlg into divelogs.de and everything will sync up and then you can connect divelogs.de to Subsurface and pull all the info down. Once you are at that point and the info is all in Subsurface then you don't need divelogs.de any more.

JB

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 10:55:13 AM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Super, let me give it a try.

Jeff

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 12:36:46 PM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Nope, that doesn't seem to be an option any more.  I might as well just enter them manually.

Jeff

Jason Bramwell

Jun 2, 2023, 12:56:38 PM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I’ve got a bit of a free weekend so I can have a tinker if you like and see if I can come up with anything for you.

Send a .dlg directly to me (could be your actual one or just one dive or something) and I’ll see if I can find a route that’ll work for you.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 1:06:14 PM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

Thank you.  Here's a real file.  Many thanks!

Jeff

Jeff's Leonardo_20181206_1033.dlg

Jason Bramwell

Jun 2, 2023, 1:40:23 PM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

I don’t seem to be able to do anything with that file, I even downloaded the Cressi software and that doesn’t seem to have an import or open file option in it that I can see, the Cressi software is spectacularly unimpressive, I’m struggling to make it do anything. Are you able to save to other formats? I’ve heard that the Cressi software can also save the .txt format.

Jason

Sent from Mail for Windows

Hiker Dood

Jun 2, 2023, 2:56:03 PM6/2/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I've tried but no dice so far.

Jeff

Sol Chrom

Jun 3, 2023, 9:53:28 AM6/3/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Just out of curiosity, which DC / OS is the most trouble-free in terms of working with Subsurface?

Jason Bramwell

Jun 3, 2023, 10:26:48 AM6/3/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Many dive computers work just fine with Subsurface. Jeff’s Cressi should work fine too it’s just ingesting the old dives from the crummy old Cressi software that’s proving problematic.

Most of the developers use Linux but the software works fine on macOS and Windows too.

I personally use an OSTC computer and it’s been working reliably on Windows, Linux, macOS and also iPhone. I have used Shearwater and Suunto in the past too.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone