Can't connect Subsurface mobile to Shearwater Peregrine

Aidan

Oct 22, 2022, 12:38:14 PM10/22/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi all,

I got two dives in last sunday, got back and connected my computer to Subsurface on my phone and sent my dives across as normal.

I did two more earlier today but for whatever reason I can't seem to connect my computer to Subsurface on my phone any more.

I first tried just selecting previously used computers and it didn't pick anything up, I've since cleared the computers on the app then tried to re-select (through vendor name/dive computer menus) but I'm still not getting any luck (the "Connection" box stays blank while the computer itself is scanning). Even tried a full uninstall/reinstall of the subsurface app to no success.

I've been able to send my dives over to the Shearwater App and Divemate, so I don't think there's an issue with my computer. But all my logs are on Subsurface and I'd rather not completely change to another system.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions people might have to help solve this, thanks a lot.

Aidan

Oct 22, 2022, 12:55:07 PM10/22/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Feel free to disregard.

I went back to Subsurface after trying the Divemate connection and it decided to see my computer again.

If anyone has any idea why it was being so temperamental please do let me know, but I've managed to send the dives across at least.

Chris Cobb

Oct 24, 2022, 11:09:00 AM10/24/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Shearwater Bluetooth connections can be challenging.  It usually works well but when it doesn’t it seems to take letting the computer sit overnight and then things start not work.  One thing that helps is to only pair the dive computer with a single device.

Aidan

Nov 21, 2022, 6:50:55 PM11/21/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Coming back to this thread because I hate looking for answers to solutions and finding my exact question with no answer.

The issue I had has kept happening, I do think it's more specifically the connection between Subsurface and the computer as it connects fine to other apps.

The one way I've found to consistently get the connection to work is:
  1. Delete stored computers in Subsurface
  2. Force stop the app
  3. Fully turn off phone and then turn back on
  4. Try the connection again
Very strange to me that it worked every day for 2 weeks on the holiday I took just after I bought it, but has been really temperamental on weekly-ish dives since, but still seems to be manageable for now.

Gmail im Auftrag von Martin Gröger

Nov 21, 2022, 11:34:18 PM11/21/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
hi

which services have you activated to connect to the petegrine?
if I  activate bluetooth only my petegrine _maybe_ connects wirh my android.
if I activate bluetooth AND the locaton service it works great.

keep on howling

grey