Trouble Creating Cloud Account

Mark Phillips

Jun 27, 2022, 6:20:42 PM6/27/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I followed the instructions to create a Cloud account on a fresh install of the SubSurface software on Ubuntu 18.04. I received the email with a PIN number, but the dialog for setting up the cloud account did not change; ie no text box to enter the PIN. I tried clicking Save and Apply, and all I get is incorrect password for the email address. Not sure how to proceed.

Mark

Jon Massey

Jun 29, 2022, 11:09:24 AM6/29/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I am also having this problem with SS 5.0.8 on Windows 10. No change in the preferences dialogue when entering username and password and clicking "Apply"

Jon

Jon Massey

Jun 29, 2022, 11:14:36 AM6/29/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I've just tried this on the mobile app and thankfully that shows what the error is.

"Cloud storage email and password can only consist of letters, numbers, and '.','-','_', and '+' "

I was using a secure password generator which had added characters not on this allowed list. It'd be nice if the desktop app listed the password requirements.

Hope that helps,
Jon

Mark Phillips

Jul 1, 2022, 1:35:14 AM7/1/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Jon

Thanks for the info. My password meets all the character requirements you described. Is there a length restriction? My password is 17 characters long. If no length restriction, then I am still in the dark as to how to proceed.

Mark

Jon Massey

Jul 1, 2022, 3:07:42 AM7/1/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,
The error message in the mobile app didn't say anything about length, so I've got no idea sorry!

Jon

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Subsurface Divelog" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/subsurface-divelog/CAKzn--7ukJ78XgoS-wnfGKcn30_p54MOAEF3THsLkwVi%3Dm0kWw%40mail.gmail.com.