Can't access cloud storage although confirmed with PIN

raiko

Jul 7, 2019, 10:57:29 AM7/7/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Basic information:
  • Which version are you using: 4.6.0
  • Which OS are you running: Mac OS 10.11.8
  • Which dive computer are you using: OSTC-Sport
I created an account on the cloud storage and got it confirmed with a PIN. However, when trying to access it from a mobile device (iPad) running subsurface-mobile (Version 2.1.6(4.8.4.66) it claims that the access data is wrong. Hence, I can't access the dives I made during my holidays. What to do?

Raiko

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 7, 2019, 1:25:21 PM7/7/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
4.6.0 is ancient , but that's not the problem

Did you by any chance use mixed case in your email address? That unfortunately doesn't work quite right.
Alternatively, please check for typos on the mobile device

/D

Pe

Jul 9, 2019, 3:14:34 PM7/9/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
No, I didn’t use mixed case in my email. Which typos I should check for on my mobile device? Could you please be more specific?

regards

Raiko

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 10, 2019, 11:30:44 AM7/10/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Email address and password. If you use the same address and password in
both desktop and mobile, it should successfully log you in.

/D

On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 09:14:31PM +0200, Pe wrote:
> No, I didn’t use mixed case in my email. Which typos I should check for on my mobile device? Could you please be more specific?
>
> regards
>
> Raiko
>

> > Am 07.07.2019 um 19:25 schrieb Dirk Hohndel <di...@hohndel.org>:
> >
> > 4.6.0 is ancient , but that's not the problem
> >
> > Did you by any chance use mixed case in your email address? That unfortunately doesn't work quite right.
> > Alternatively, please check for typos on the mobile device
> >
> > /D
> >
> >> On Jul 7, 2019, at 7:57 AM, raiko <rai...@gmx.de <mailto:rai...@gmx.de>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Basic information:
> >> Which version are you using: 4.6.0
> >> Which OS are you running: Mac OS 10.11.8
> >> Which dive computer are you using: OSTC-Sport
> >> I created an account on the cloud storage and got it confirmed with a PIN. However, when trying to access it from a mobile device (iPad) running subsurface-mobile (Version 2.1.6(4.8.4.66) it claims that the access data is wrong. Hence, I can't access the dives I made during my holidays. What to do?
> >>
> >> Raiko
> >>
> >> --
> >

> > --

drOctopus

Jul 11, 2019, 7:58:31 AM7/11/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi i have the same problem can't access neither from the desktop app (Subsurface v4.8.6, on windows 7 ) and the mobile app latest version.
Looking at the log:

git storage: Sincronizzazione dei dadi in corso
git storage: Sincronizzazione con lo storage cloud
git storage: In attesa della connessione al cloud (trascorso 1 secondo)
git storage: In attesa della connessione al cloud (trascorsi 2 secondi)
git storage: In attesa della connessione al cloud (trascorsi 3 secondi)

If i try to access directly via browser to the url in the log i get a 403 http error

drOctopus

Jul 11, 2019, 8:03:33 AM7/11/19
to Subsurface Divelog
If i try again it seems to work but gets stuck at 3%

and in the log

it storage: Sincronizzazione dei dadi in corso
git storage: Preparazione al salvataggio dei dati
git storage: Inizio salvataggio dei dati
git storage: Inizio salvataggio delle immersioni
git storage: Creazione della cache locale riuscita
Set the current dive site: 158076512

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 11, 2019, 12:03:44 PM7/11/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The cloud storage resides on AWS on a VM that I pay for. I have accessed this system from some of the more unusual locations in the world (including via the local cell phone carrier in Palau just last week). We have quite a few users in Italy as well. So I'm not sure what is causing your connections to fail, but I somehow doubt that it's on the server side.

/D