db migrations with lower numbers just don't run

rogerdpack

Dec 29, 2010, 2:07:47 PM12/29/10
to substruct
Hello all.
Working from substruct trunk, I noticed recently that if I create this
new migration:

db\migrate\001_add_comments.rb

then run "rake db:migrate"
it never runs

however if I create
db\migrate\044_add_comments.rb
then
"rake db:migrate" it runs the migration.

Any ideas out there? Maybe rails has become more finnicky about the
non timestamp migrations now?
Thanks.
-r

seth b

Jan 6, 2011, 7:55:03 PM1/6/11
to subs...@googlegroups.com
See the substruct CHANGELOG for v1.3...the way engines handles
migrations in the newer versions of rails is a bit strange.

We have to populate the schema variable with the current migrated # to
make it work properly.

I'd advise running "rake db:migrate:plugin NAME=substruct" to start. I
think that should generate the proper migrations and allow you to get
things rolling properly when running "ruby script/generate migration"