Ves al primer missatge no llegit

James Taylor

no llegida,
9 de des. 2022, 16:17:409/12/22
a substrait
I wanted to start a discussion around what a substrait-go library might look like. Given the success of the substrait-java library, I was thinking it'd be good to model substrait-go the same way (minus any Go idiosyncrasies). That way folks from one would be able to pick up and use the other pretty easily.

Thoughts?

Jacques Nadeau

no llegida,
9 de des. 2022, 19:32:469/12/22
a subs...@googlegroups.com
Definitely makes sense to me. Matt, how does this jive with what you've been thinking/working on?

On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 1:17 PM James Taylor <ja...@sundeck.io> wrote:
I wanted to start a discussion around what a substrait-go library might look like. Given the success of the substrait-java library, I was thinking it'd be good to model substrait-go the same way (minus any Go idiosyncrasies). That way folks from one would be able to pick up and use the other pretty easily.

Thoughts?

Jesus Camacho Rodriguez

no llegida,
9 de des. 2022, 19:44:089/12/22
a substrait
We are using a similar approach for the C# library implementation too.

Thanks,
Jesús

Matt Topol

no llegida,
11 de des. 2022, 14:18:5011/12/22
a substrait
I personally have a dislike of the builder pattern, but I understand it's a very common Java pattern. In addition, it's highly encouraged in Go for the "zero value" of a struct to be valid. So I've been working on what is essentially a more friendly stack of types with ToProto/FromProto functions to go back and forth from the Protobuf types because I find the way that "oneOf" types are generated to be very unintuitive to construct.

I've put up a draft PR of what I've been working on here: https://github.com/substrait-io/substrait-go/pull/4

I should have enough to convert it to a regular PR in the next day or so. I just want to add some examples / comments / documentation and work out one kink I was thinking about recently. Let me know what you all think!

--Matt

Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia