Discuss chaojun-zhang for committer

Weston Pace

Mar 23, 2023, 3:43:19 PM3/23/23
to Substrait
According to the governance policy, all discussion of committership is to be done publicly.  While all are welcome to participate and cast non-binding votes only the SMC votes will be binding.

Rationale: This user has been contributing significantly to the substrait-cpp repository starting all the way back in October of last year.  They put in the initial project structure, have helped establish CI, and have helped to review and contribute as development continues.  In addition, this user is from Intel (I believe), which is somewhat under-represented organizationally.

In addition to their work on substrait-cpp this user added physical relations for hash join and merge join to the main substrait repository and done some minor maintenance tasks elsewhere.

This user has made 23 commits to substrait-cpp.  This number is a little high because some initial merges were not squashed.  However, I believe their contribution here to be significant.

cheng xu

Mar 24, 2023, 1:48:33 AM3/24/23
to substrait
+1 (non-binding)

Chaojun is very actively working on Substrait-cpp project. Furthermore he is one of the initiates to Substrait-cpp sub-project due to our heavy use in  https://github.com/intel/BDTK. Look forwards having more contributions!

James Taylor

Mar 24, 2023, 5:09:35 PM3/24/23
to subs...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Chaojun. That's a significant list of contributions.

Thanks,
James

Jacques Nadeau

Mar 27, 2023, 6:45:08 PM3/27/23
to subs...@googlegroups.com
+1. I think it would be great to have him as a committer.

Phillip Cloud

Mar 27, 2023, 7:01:06 PM3/27/23
to subs...@googlegroups.com

Jinfeng Ni

Mar 28, 2023, 5:35:33 PM3/28/23
to subs...@googlegroups.com

David Sisson

Mar 28, 2023, 5:35:37 PM3/28/23
to subs...@googlegroups.com
It'd be great to have Chaojun be a committer on the project.  He's in there on all of my CLs and is helping to set up the basics of the repo (CI/clang format/tidy) so we can have clean code.  Chaojun would greatly increase the velocity of the substrait-cpp repo.

Weston Pace

Mar 29, 2023, 2:27:02 PM3/29/23
to subs...@googlegroups.com
I realize that I didn't explicitly state this but my vote is +1 as well :)

The vote passes with 3 binding and 4 non-binding votes.  I will send a separate email with an announcement.

Vibhatha Abeykoon

Apr 4, 2023, 4:46:54 PM4/4/23
to subs...@googlegroups.com