Using Isthmus Tool

93 wyświetlenia

Vibhatha Abeykoon

nieprzeczytany,
12 maj 2022, 03:40:2812.05.2022
do Substrait
Hello,

I am using a very old version of `isthmus` from this PR: https://github.com/substrait-io/substrait/pull/120

Since the up-to-date work is here: https://github.com/substrait-io/substrait-java

I am curious whether this can be built on a Mac M1? I previously tried the old version on Ubuntu. In general is there a guideline on the version specifications, setup on Mac, Ubuntu? Or does it need to be documented?

Best,
Vibhatha

Jeroen van Straten

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2022, 01:42:5819.05.2022
do Vibhatha Abeykoon, Substrait
Hi,

No experience with Mac, but I would assume that it would work there just the same as on Linux. The command I've been using to build is "./gradlew nativeImage" in the root directory of substrait-java, which should generate a binary at isthmus/build/graal/isthmus.

AFAIK there is no documentation yet; it also took me a while to figure that command out. I'd write it, but I have never used gradle or graal beyond building and running Isthmus, and haven't written Java in over a decade. Probably better if someone who knows what they're doing does it :)

Regards,
Jeroen

PS: gmail threw this in my spam folder! You'd think using a Google-based mailinglist wouldn't cause a Google-based inbox to mark a legitimate email as spam, but here we are.

Vibhatha Abeykoon

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2022, 01:43:0319.05.2022
do Jeroen van Straten, Substrait
Hello Jeroen,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Since I couldn't find more from the dev docs, I was also looking into the CIs[1] to figure it out. But I saw the CI supports Ubuntu and Mac [2], but is this supported on Mac M1? Though, I will give it a try. But if someone already has a guideline (personal use), it would be a great help if it can be documented.

Previously, in the older repo, somehow I just naively got it built as gradle build docs says and it worked fine. Beyond that, my knowledge is very limited on Gradle usage.

Appreciate your insight!

Best,
Vibhatha

Odpowiedz wszystkim