Anyone using Diazo with Substanced?

David Bain

Dec 13, 2014, 12:16:19 PM12/13/14
to substanc...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone using Diazo with Substanced. Looking for pointers to getting the two to play together.

Tres Seaver

Dec 13, 2014, 6:15:24 PM12/13/14
On 12/13/2014 12:16 PM, David Bain wrote:

> Is anyone using Diazo with Substanced. Looking for pointers to getting the
> two to play together.

You might be Holding It Wrong: Unlike Plone, SubstanceD doesn't define any
"retail" views, which are the ones I would normally think of "skinning"
with a tool like Diazo. If I had a requirement to "skin" the SDI views
(one that survived initial pushback), I would first be looking to override
the static assets or templates, as detailed here:

http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/latest/narr/assets.html#overriding-assets-section

Tres.
Tres Seaver +1 540-429-0999 tse...@palladion.com
Palladion Software "Excellence by Design" http://palladion.com

David Bain

Dec 14, 2014, 3:12:24 PM12/14/14
to substanc...@googlegroups.com
The benefit I've found with Diazo is the ability for a designer to design without worrying about the backend. I've come to a very nice workflow with Plone and Diazo which is compelling enough to bring to other platforms. I've managed to get Diazo working with other Pyramid stuff by adding diazo to the pipeline in my .ini file so perhaps it's possible. That said, you're probably right about me "holding it wrong".