vanilla install > edit tab missing, cannot edit content???

pe...@koodaamo.fi

May 7, 2015, 2:11:42 PM5/7/15
to substanc...@googlegroups.com
I've thrice installed substanced on Debian, once from pypi & once from source, one for python2.7 and another for 3.4. Once on a Mac for a good measure.

In all cases, in a vanilla substanced install, after adding a Document, clicking it does not bring up the edit screen. This happening to anyone else?

I've noticed substanced install pulls in the latest Pyramid 1.6a1, could that cause trouble?

 Petri

Carlos de la Guardia

May 7, 2015, 3:32:55 PM5/7/15
to substanc...@googlegroups.com
You are right, something's wrong with just the Document type. Could I trouble you to add an issue to the github tracker?

Thanks,

Carlos de la Guardia

I've thrice installed substanced on Debian, once from pypi & once from source, one for python2.7 and another for 3.4. Once on a Mac for a good measure.

In all cases, in a vanilla substanced install, after adding a Document, clicking it does not bring up the edit screen. This happening to anyone else?

 Petri

Yes, me too, but I thought it was just my install that was bad....
:-(

(after all, this seems such a basic function that I never think it could be a bug in the code.....)

Carlos de la Guardia

May 9, 2015, 9:15:39 PM5/9/15
to substanc...@googlegroups.com
It was just a bug in the *scaffold*, not on core substanced. Fixed on master.

Carlos de la Guardia

It was just a bug in the *scaffold*, not on core substanced. Fixed on master.

Carlos de la Guardia

Ok, now it works.
What I don't quite understand is how a bug so obvious has not been detected before.... does this means very few new installs??

Carlos de la Guardia

May 11, 2015, 8:35:35 PM5/11/15
to JotaMG, substanc...@googlegroups.com
The bug was introduced during the release sprint, so it has not been there that long. The scaffold, being a template, did not benefit from automated testing and the bug does not affect any of the existing production installs that we know about. We developers do not use the scaffold that much and depend on the community to find and report these things, which you did (and thanks for that).  Also, it's an alpha release, which means that those kinds of things are actually expected. Overall, I think things worked out the way they are supposed to work.

It's true, but also equally obvious, that there are not many installs so far. There's also been zero promotion, which will continue to be the case until we have at least a beta.

Thanks again for helping us detect bugs and being part of the early adopters,

Carlos de la Guardia