Deferring Indexing

Jo G

Nov 2, 2016, 8:06:21 AM11/2/16
to substanced-users
In the documentation it suggests indexing can be deferred.

substanced.interfaces.MODE_DEFERRED means indexing action should be performed by an external indexing processor (e.g. drain_catalog_indexing) if one is active at the successful end of the current transaction. If an indexing processor is unavailable at the successful end of the current transaction, this mode will be taken to imply the same thing as MODE_ATCOMMIT.

Can someone give me an example of exactly how this works?

I also copy across information on my custom content objects to a solr index and I am planning on deferring this indexing using rabbit-mq and celery. I am wondering if I can also defer indexing the catalog as well.

Thanks in advance.

Jo G

Nov 2, 2016, 8:12:38 AM11/2/16
to substanced-users
Please ignore as I've now read the next section of the docs, sorry!