Where did my add view go?

Charlie Clark

Mar 19, 2016, 9:05:04 AM3/19/16
to substanc...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,

I've been playing with the scaffold and migrating something based on the
CMF to Substance D. I initially disabled config.scan() but since I
reenabled it the add view for Document has "gone missing". The content
type is definitely registered and the views for files and folders are
still around. I initially thought it might be the scaffold but of course
it isn't. What's the best approach to debugging this?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director

Jo G

Apr 13, 2016, 5:39:11 AM4/13/16
to substanced-users
I'm probably too late and you have sorted it. I had all sorts of problems with views disappearing. Make sure that the view is named exactly as you have in the add_view metatdata for the new content you have created. Carlos told me that you cannot see the content type unless 'add_view' is specified.  The other thing I fell over with is that the content type in the view is the content type of the parent rather than the content you are trying to add.

Charlie Clark

Apr 13, 2016, 6:39:21 AM4/13/16
Am .04.2016, 11:39 Uhr, schrieb Jo G <joannegil...@gmail.com>:

> I'm probably too late and you have sorted it. I had all sorts of problems
> with views disappearing. Make sure that the view is named exactly as you
> have in the add_view metatdata for the new content you have created.

> Carlos told me that you cannot see the content type unless 'add_view' is
> specified. The other thing I fell over with is that the content type in
> the view is the content type of the parent rather than the content you
> are trying to add.

Yes, I solved the problem by starting again from scratch but thanks for
the tips.