Substanced doesn't seem to much alive

wade rock

Jul 20, 2020, 6:57:12 PM7/20/20
to substanced-users
Hi i have use substanced for some smaller projects, but lately it seem like the project is not alot alive. That's a shame i really like the the project. How come substanced became obsolete. What took the role instead?

Br
Wade

Carlos de la Guardia

Jul 20, 2020, 10:40:57 PM7/20/20
to substanced-users
HI, thanks for asking. You are correct that the project has not been active for a while. There has been very little interest and I am not currently using it at work, so I haven't had the need to update it. It's not that something has taken its place, or at least I'm not familiar with something that I would call a replacement.

Carlos de la Guardia

Richard Prosser

Jul 16, 2022, 5:49:06 PM7/16/22
to substanced-users
I am interested - I have long sought to create a 'truly democratic newspaper'! Online, I think that a Wiki is best. Maybe Markdown, like Obsidian.

The idea is that anyone can post anything, as long as it does no harm. Obviously that is simplistic, and managers, editors and so on will be required.

I had thought to use Pyramid, but SD seems better. Unfortunately I am completely on my own now, and I struggle to get anything done.

Still, I will give this a go. I hope that it works with modern Python!

Thanks for your efforts.