Can lighthouse work stand-alone ?

Sriharsha Jayanarayana

Dec 7, 2020, 8:49:43 PM12/7/20
to submariner-users
Hi All,

I am trying to inter-connect two  AWS-EKS clusters which are in different regions.
I have run into problems using submariner.
As I am pressed for time, I am thinking of using AWS peering connection between
the regions for the inter-connection and use lighthouse for Service discovery.

Is this something which is supposed to work ? Basic question being, how does
a remote lighthouse learn/connect to broker kube api server ? Any pointers would be helpful.

regards
Sriharsha

Aswin Suryanarayanan

Dec 7, 2020, 11:40:01 PM12/7/20
to Sriharsha Jayanarayana, submariner-users
Hi Sriharsha,

Lighthouse does not work without the Submariner right now. It requires the certificates to connect to the broker, for which it relies on Submariner. This is required for Lighthouse to distribute the CRDs which the lighthouse core-DNS relies on.

Would be curious to know the issue you faced during Submariner installation.

Thanks
Aswin