This release mainly focused on adding support for StatefulSets in Lighthouse for service discovery and adding new subctl commands to benchmark the network performance across clusters.
- Lighthouse enhancements/changes:
- Added support for accessing individual Pods in a StatefulSet using their host names.
- A Service in a specific cluster can now be explicitly queried.
- Removed support for the `supercluster.local` domain to align with the Kubernetes MultiCluster Service API.
- Added new subctl benchmark commands for measuring the throughput and round trip latency between two Pods in separate clusters or within the same cluster.
- The data path is no longer disrupted when the Globalnet Pod is restarted.
- The Route Agent component now runs on all worker nodes including those with taints.
When upgrading to 0.7.0 on a cluster already running Submariner, the current state must be cleared:
- Remove the Submariner namespaces: `kubectl delete ns submariner-operator submariner-k8s-broker`
- Remove the Submariner cluster roles: `kubectl delete clusterroles submariner-lighthouse submariner-operator submariner-operator:globalnet`
Thank you everyone who contributed!