0.0.3 Release of submariner

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo

Nov 25, 2019, 7:02:53 AM11/25/19
to submarin...@googlegroups.com
During KubeCon NA 2019 we have released version 0.0.3 of submariner,
see the presentation PDF [1]

Change log from 0.0.1 to 0.0.3 includes:
  • Elimination of NAT between clusters : src-ip for pods is preserved across clusters
  • E2E testing (make e2e status=keep)
  • Unit Testing (make test)
  • A submariner-operator and subctl were developed, now it's very easy to deploy submariner, check the presentation link for details and get subctl here: https://github.com/submariner-io/submariner-operator/releases/tag/v0.0.2
And our current roadmap includes:
  • Support for overlapping IP CIDR ranges
  • Service discovery across clusters (lighthouse sub-project)
  • NetworkPolicy support across clusters (coastguard sub-project)
  • Support more network plugins: ovn-kubernetes, “GKE”, etc… (help wanted!)
  • Status monitoring (ipsec status, connectivity checks, etc..)
  • Subctl and operator enhancements

If you wish to participate on the submariner community, please join #sig-multicluster on the kubernetes slack, and ping us... or ask for an invite to our weekly meeting on Tuesdays 17:00 GMT+1

[1] http://bit.ly/submariner-kubecon-na-2019

--
Miguel Ángel Ajo  @mangel_ajo
OpenShift / Kubernetes / Network Federation team.