Submariner 0.8.0 is released!
- Added support for connecting clusters that use the OVNKubernetes CNI plugin in non-Globalnet deployments. Support for Globalnet will be available in a future release.
- The active Gateway now performs periodic health checks on the connections to remote clusters, updates the Gateway connection status, and adds latency statistics.
- Gateways now export the following connection metrics on TCP port 8080 which can be used with Prometheus. These are currently only supported for the Libreswan cable driver:
- The count of bytes transmitted and received between Gateways.
- The number of connections between Gateways and their corresponding status.
- The timestamp of the last successful connection established between Gateways.
- The RTT latency between Gateways.
- The Libreswan cable driver is now the default.
- The strongSwan cable driver is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
- The Lighthouse DNS always returns the IP address of the local exported ClusterIP Service, if available, otherwise it load-balances between the same Services exported from other clusters in a round-robin fashion.
- Lighthouse has fully migrated to use the proposed Kubernetes Multicluster Services API (ServiceExport and ServiceImport).
- The Lighthouse-specific API is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. On upgrade from v0.7.0, exported Services will automatically be migrated to the new CRDs.
- Broker resiliency has been improved. The dataplane is no longer affected in any way if the Broker is unavailable.
- The subctl benchmark tests now accept a verbose flag to enable full logging. Otherwise only the results are presented.
Thank you everyone who contributed!