Submariner 0.2.0 Release

Daniel Farrell

Mar 24, 2020, 6:04:06 AM3/24/20
to submari...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm pleased to announce the release of Submariner 0.2.0.

The main user-facing focus of this release is:

* Supporting clusters with overlapping CIDRs (Globalnet).

Additional major efforts include:

* Enhanced e2e scripts, which will be shared between repositories in the shipyard project (ongoing work).
* Local registry in make e2e, improves e2e deployment.
* Refactoring for support pluggable drivers in preparation for WireGuard support.

Thank you Sridhar, Vishal, Aswin, Alexey, Mike, Stephen, and everyone else who contributed.

Daniel

Livnat Peer

Mar 24, 2020, 10:50:23 AM3/24/20
to Daniel Farrell, submariner-dev
Congratulations Daniel and Team.
Great work on this release with key feature set being released.
Waiting to watch the recorded video with globalnet.

Livnat

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo

Mar 25, 2020, 6:21:00 AM3/25/20
to Livnat Peer, Daniel Farrell, submariner-dev

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:50 PM Livnat Peer <lp...@redhat.com> wrote:
Congratulations Daniel and Team.

Thanks :-)

Great work on this release with key feature set being released.

+1 Great work everybody :-) this was much more smooth than the previous release,
I guess that partially because most of the globalip code had landed already by 0.1
and now it's been rounded up to perfection :-)

Waiting to watch the recorded video with globalnet.

We planned to release that as soon as we finish 0.3,  we will be working on removing the kubefed dependency,
that will simplify a lot the subctl and render any video obsolete, but hopefuly we will be ready to record it soon!,
In the meantime we are finishing all documentation of the feature as one of the 0.3 goals

Livnat

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:04 PM Daniel Farrell <dfar...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hello!

I'm pleased to announce the release of Submariner 0.2.0.

The main user-facing focus of this release is:

* Supporting clusters with overlapping CIDRs (Globalnet).

Additional major efforts include:

* Enhanced e2e scripts, which will be shared between repositories in the shipyard project (ongoing work).
* Local registry in make e2e, improves e2e deployment.
* Refactoring for support pluggable drivers in preparation for WireGuard support.

Thank you Sridhar, Vishal, Aswin, Alexey, Mike, Stephen, and everyone else who contributed.

Daniel

Miguel Ángel Ajo  @mangel_ajo
OpenShift / Kubernetes / Network Federation team.
OSP / Networking DFG, OVN Squad Engineering