Upgrading Error

odongo fredrick

Sep 20, 2019, 5:15:43 PM9/20/19
to SubjectsPlus
Hello Team,
I tried to upgrade to 4.4 but when I copied the assests/user from the old to the new, my pages guide.php still shows blank pages

anyone with an idea on how to solve this problem.

Andrew Darby

Sep 23, 2019, 11:38:44 PM9/23/19
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Odongo Frederick,

Sorry you're having trouble with the upgrade.  A blank page usually means a PHP fatal error--can you look at the error log to see what problem is being reported?  You could also go to control/includes/config.php and uncomment the error reporting lines at the top.  If you do that, save, and go back to the blank pages, you should now see some error messages.  What do they say?

Andrew

odongo fredrick

Sep 25, 2019, 5:47:35 AM9/25/19
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Andrew, My error reporting was commented let un comment and update you the error there in.
Cheers.
Fredrick ODONGO
Skpe:odongo.fredrick
"Just go for it, DONT FEAR TO FAIL."

Candise Branum

Mar 31, 2020, 6:23:26 PM3/31/20
to SubjectsPlus
Did you ever figure this out? We just upgraded to v4, and are getting blank guide pages as well. The records pages are working fine, but when attempting to edit a record, we get a blank page with this error:

Deprecated: __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/guides/lib/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier.autoload.php on line 17

We had our web guy look at it, and he couldn't figure out the problem, either.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 5:15 PM odongo fredrick <odongof...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Team,
I tried to upgrade to 4.4 but when I copied the assests/user from the old to the new, my pages guide.php still shows blank pages

anyone with an idea on how to solve this problem.

Evan Boyd

Apr 22, 2021, 12:41:15 PM4/22/21
to SubjectsPlus
Has anyone discovered a solution to this problem? We are also encountering the error of guide pages being blank on our upgrade from 3.x to 4.5.1 today. There are no recorded errors. I can get into the admin pages but once again if I click on a guide it gives a blank result.

charlesbr...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 12:48:40 PM4/22/21
to SubjectsPlus
Hello,

Are you using MySQL 5.7. If you have MySQL 5.7 you must disable ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY permanently. Please refer to this stack overflow issue. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23921117/disable-only-full-group-by

charlesbr...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 12:56:02 PM4/22/21
to SubjectsPlus
Hello Again,

Also, if you already have SubjectsPlus installed, please run the following SQL query in your database:

USE `Your-SubjectsPlus-Database-Name`;

ALTER TABLE collection_subject;

ALTER sort SET DEFAULT 0;

Evan Boyd

Apr 22, 2021, 1:22:25 PM4/22/21
to SubjectsPlus
Thanks!
It appears that the disable command can only be done by folks at DreamHost so we're tabling the upgrade for the future, as the old version still runs.
evan