SP5 Progresses!

AGD

Mar 31, 2022, 3:07:33 PM3/31/22
to SubjectsPlus
Hi all,

Just to give a little context to Charles' posts, we are hard at work on SP5 right now.  We started with the FAQ module, and are moving on to the Research Guides and Records modules.

We have been posting development updates to the SubjectsPlus slack [1], but thought it might be good to post them also to the Listserv.

We hope to do a quick "where we are with SP5" video in the near future, and will share with the list.

Andrew

[1]  If you are interested in joining, drop me a line

Aiol

Mar 30, 2023, 11:10:16 AM3/30/23
to SubjectsPlus
Hello everybody.

This email is simply to ask how Subject Plus 5 is going. Can we expect it to be released in the reasonably near future?
Thank you.

Manu Ruiz de Luzuriaga

Andrew Darby

Mar 30, 2023, 4:08:43 PM3/30/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manu,

Thanks for your interest.  We had some staffing setbacks on SP5 (the person doing the majority of the work moved to a new job, and we have been swamped with other work since), but are starting up on it again.  We were quite far along when we had to stop last fall, and I hope that we will be able to give it a lot more attention in the next couple of months.  I hope SP5 Basic (i.e., with essential functionality) will be ready this summer.

Andrew

Andrew Darby

Mar 30, 2023, 4:12:10 PM3/30/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
p.s. We haven't done a development update since November, but you can see previous progress here:

I hope we will have a new update soon.

Andrew

Aiol

Mar 31, 2023, 3:27:05 AM3/31/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Del Campo
Thank you very much for your quick response, Andrew.
If you need any help with the Spanish translation, maybe I could offer it.

Best wishes.

Manu

--
"Es mejor debatir una cuestión sin resolverla, que resolver una cuestión sin debatirla"

Joseph Joubert

John Gartrell

Mar 31, 2023, 10:09:29 AM3/31/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Is the code available on GitHub?  Happy to give the software a spin even in its current state.

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 4:08 PM Andrew Darby <agd...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
John Gartrell
Director of Information Technology

E: jgar...@missional.university
P: +1 864.256.9136

Andrew Darby

Apr 4, 2023, 8:39:19 AM4/4/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Unfortunately, the new version is on a private repo.  The installer is not finished yet, so it would be difficult to set up.  Once we have something ready for a spin, we will let you know!

Thanks for your interest,

Andrew

Andrew Darby

Apr 4, 2023, 8:40:47 AM4/4/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Del Campo
Gracias, Manu!  Some help with the Spanish translation would be welcome.  We will let you know when it's ready.

Andrew