Not able to install SubjectsPlus

Ankana Bhadra

Apr 16, 2023, 7:15:24 AM4/16/23
to SubjectsPlus
I have been trying to install the software  for quiet a few days but I'm not able to get the username and password for the first time even if the instillation shows to be successful. I have tried with different versions including 3 and 4. The issue is same. Can anyone help me out?

mohan pradhan

Apr 16, 2023, 8:29:11 AM4/16/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Ankana,

You can get your password and user name from the phpmyadmin. In the latest version of SubjectsPlus, username and password are not shown, even if it is successfully installed.

Regards

Mohan Raj Pradhan
Chairman
HealthNet Nepal
and
Secretary
VuFind Software

On Sun, Apr 16, 2023, 5:00 PM Ankana Bhadra <anka...@iitgn.ac.in> wrote:
I have been trying to install the software  for quiet a few days but I'm not able to get the username and password for the first time even if the instillation shows to be successful. I have tried with different versions including 3 and 4. The issue is same. Can anyone help me out?

Andrew Darby

Apr 16, 2023, 3:00:41 PM4/16/23
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ankana,

There should be a pop-up screen that shows the password upon install, but apparently that is not showing. I thought that bug was fixed, but we will need to look at that again.

I'm not sure if you can get the password from PHPMyAdmin (it should be stored in a hash in the database), but you should be able to reset it using the instructions here:

I would definitely recommend you use Version 4 if you are starting fresh.

Andrew

Ankana Bhadra

Apr 17, 2023, 1:41:29 AM4/17/23
to SubjectsPlus

Dear sir,
Thank you so much for your responses. I'm actually struggling hard to get the software installed. Everything seems to be fine expect the login credentials. As per the provided link I've tried changing the admin password too as the attached image. This also seems to be okay without any error. But, still I'm not able to log in.
Screenshot from 2023-04-17 10-57-52.png

Screenshot from 2023-04-17 11-02-37.png

And for getting password from PHPMyAdmin, I'm also not able to get it from there.

P.S. I have tried installing the latest stable version including the previous ones. Every time the issue is same for me

Thank & regards
Ankana

charlesbr...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2023, 1:43:10 PM4/28/23
to SubjectsPlus
Hello,

I'll look into fixing the bug.

But in the meantime you can use MySQL Workbench https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/ to connect to your database and set your username and password. You can use https://www.md5hashgenerator.com/ to hash your password.

You'll notice in the screenshot of the query you ran that it did not affect any rows which means that it did not match your email in the table.

Thanks,
Charles

Fredy Paolo Romero Espinoza

Jun 18, 2023, 10:17:48 PM6/18/23
to SubjectsPlus
REASON FOR THE ERROR:
  • The error was because the rewriteHtaccessFileNames() in the source code "./lib/SubjectsPlus/Control/Installer.php" function was not correctly renaming the .htaccess files correctly due to an error in the location of these files.
  • On the other hand, the same code did not return the correct path for the updateRewriteBases() function to rewrite the code correctly.
BUG FIX:
  • To correct this error you must modify the source code before installing. If you have started the installation, you should remove all files and the database to start a clean installation.
  • Modify the following file: /lib/SubjectsPlus/Control/Installer.php
CHANGE PATH FROM "subjects" TO "api":
  • ❌: line 631: $apiHtaccess = rename($lstrRootPath . 'subjects' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . '.htaccess-default', $lstrRootPath . 'api' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . '.htaccess');
  • ✅: line 631: $apiHtaccess = rename($lstrRootPath . 'api' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . '.htaccess-default', $lstrRootPath . 'api' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . '.htaccess');
REMOVE UNNECESSARY LINES OF CODE:
  • ❌: line 625: } else {
  • ❌: line 632: } else {

Hope this can help.