Errors showing up on

Kathy

Jun 1, 2021, 11:49:22 AM6/1/21
to SubjectsPlus

Deprecated: __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /home1/itadmins/library.westminster-mo.edu/lib/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier.autoload.php on line 17

Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home1/itadmins/library.westminster-mo.edu/control/includes/functions.php on line 491

Deprecated: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in /home1/itadmins/library.westminster-mo.edu/lib/SubjectsPlus

I was receiving these errors
Now when I try to add a box or change the leayout to a new copied guide, there is a line of text in the way and I can't get the layout or boxes to show.

I can get the boxes and layout to show if I start a guide from scratch but then when I link boxes I can not move them anywhere in the layout.

Any ideas what is going on.  IT has locked down our sites more but I don't know if this is what is causing the issue or not.

Kathy

Jun 1, 2021, 12:24:10 PM6/1/21
to SubjectsPlus
I have tried adding boxes or linking boxes with an existing guide and that appears to be working fine.  It is when I try to start a new guide or copy a guide.

charlesbr...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2021, 3:35:16 PM6/1/21
to SubjectsPlus
Hello,

I suspect this has to do with the version of PHP you are using. get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in PHP 7.4. The current version of SubjectsPlus is not compatible with PHP 7.4 but we are testing some pull requests that should bring the codebase in line with PHP 7.4. We hope to have a PHP 7.4 compatible version by the end of June.

You could also check your config.php and make sure error checking is commented out

/control/includes/config.php
2. // Report all PHP errors--helpful for debugging; turn off in production
3. //ini_set('display_errors',1);
4. //error_reporting(E_ALL);

Thanks,
Charles

Jason Boyer

Jun 4, 2021, 8:54:05 AM6/4/21
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kathy, it is difficult to successfully install SP as it is today on a system with a modern PHP. If you can apply a couple of the pull-requested patches from GitHub that should get you going though. PR 1477 will make the get_magic_quotes_gpc error go away, PR 1474 addresses the implode() warning, and PR 1476 may address the autoload warning. Depending on how your IT group has setup the security you may also want to look at PR 1485.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator