Maven SCM Handler for Subclipse

Hardi

Jul 13, 2017, 5:48:33 AM7/13/17
to Subclipse
Hello,

I'm used to Sublicpse and would like keep using it, but I'm missing the "maven scm handler for subclipse" for the newer Eclipse-Versions like oxygen.

I know it is actually not your business, but maybe you can shed some light on the question "why is there no maven scm handler for subclipse any more"?

Best Regards, Hardi

Mark Phippard

Jul 13, 2017, 8:58:41 AM7/13/17
to Hardi, Subclipse
You found this list, so I assume you also found the new Subclipse project and update sites?

We now host this plugin on the main Subclipse update site and it installed fine for me in Oxygen.  I do not use the plugin so cannot say it works, but we are building and hosting it now.

Mark

Hardi

Jul 13, 2017, 8:59:33 AM7/13/17
to Subclipse
Actually I can't even import a Project with the import-wizard and "check out as maven project from SCM" with oxygen...

The SCM drop-down-list is empty...

Hardi

Jul 13, 2017, 10:01:58 AM7/13/17
to Subclipse
Geez! I had found this site https://github.com/subclipse/subclipse/wiki and read the following:

"Subclipse is available in the Eclipse Marketplace and can be installed via the Marketplace Client. It is also available at the following update site URL's.."

So I've installed subclipse via the Marketplace but via this way you have no chance to install the "Maven SCM handler for Subclipse".

I've just reinstalled the whole package via the direct Update URL https://dl.bintray.com/subclipse/releases/subclipse/latest/ and there it is!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! Cheers!

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 5:48 AM, Hardi <hardy....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm used to Sublicpse and would like keep using it, but I'm missing the "maven scm handler for subclipse" for the newer Eclipse-Versions like oxygen.

I know it is actually not your business, but maybe you can shed some light on the question "why is there no maven scm handler for subclipse any more"?

Best Regards, Hardi

Mark Phippard

Jul 13, 2017, 10:27:29 AM7/13/17
to Hardi, Subclipse
Yes, I did not include it in the Marketplace choices because most users do not really understand the relationship between plugins and if I include this one then anyone that does not have Maven installed will either get an error or the Marketplace will drag all of those plugins in.

I will experiment with making it show up but not be selected by default.

Mark

Hardi

Jul 14, 2017, 3:56:13 AM7/14/17
to Subclipse
From my point of view it would be sufficient to add a comment on the page https://github.com/subclipse/subclipse/wiki like this:

"Subclipse is available in the Eclipse Marketplace and can be installed via the Marketplace Client. It is also available at the following update site URL's. If you want additional plugins like the "Maven SCM handler for Subclipse" and like %this% or %that% please use the update site URL's ... "

I'm really happy, that it works now! :-)