Contents Fish581-590

Dirk Hellmann

Jan 15, 1992, 10:52:38 AM1/15/92
Was ihr erwartet: Die Liste von Beschreibungen fuer die FishDisk 581-590

This is disk 581 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

FileLocator Searches up to 28 mounted devices for specific files using
wildcard matches. Version 1.0, binary only.
Author: Joe Rattz, Jr.

Neuro A neural network simulator which is able to learn patterns
(e.g. letters) and recognize them. The program handles
Hopfield and Backpropagation networks. Some examples are
included. Version 1.0, binary only.
Author: Berthold Ruf and Ulrich Wisser

Prism An ANSI editor that allows animations, and complete color
control. It is used on many BBS's to create animated screens.
Includes a configuration editor, font control, and variable
playback speed. Version 1.4, includes source.
Author: Syd Bolton, Chris Timmerberg, Colin Vernon

StopWatch A stop watch application with the precision of one milli-
second (variable), which scans the joystick button. Full
multitasking capability and intuition interfacing, addi-
tional display screen for genlock output, ARexx port for
parameter/result handling and screen manipulations. Written
in Modula 2 and assembly language. This is version 3.0S, an
update to version 2.0 on disk 466. Binary only.
Author: Christian Danner

StripANSI Removes all ANSI codes from a text file, so that only the
bare text remains. It is useful for editing terminal program
capture buffers. Two versions are provided: one for the
command line (CLI) and one with a full Intuition interface.
The Intuition version includes the ability to selective strip
certain ANSI codes, and generates a complete report. This is
version 1.0, and includes full source in C.
Author: Syd Bolton

This is disk 582 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

Diplomacy A classic strategy game loosely based on World War I. Design-
ed for several players but can be played by as few as 2. The
computer manages the game, resolving orders and graphically
displaying the current status. Also provides map design capa-
bilities for game variants. Version 2.0, shareware, binary
only (source available from the author with shareware payment).
Author: Steve Douthat

Questionatort A program to create, update, and present multiple choice
questionnaires. Version 1.07, shareware, source available
from author.
Author: Erik Von Raspator

VideoDat A very simple databank to store information about your videos.
Version 1.2, binary only.
Author: Sascha Fengel
This is disk 583 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

ARoff A complete and powerful program for text formatting, much
inspired by the "nroff" utility on UNIX systems. This is
version 1.12. Includes source, and documentation in both
English and French.
Author: Denis GOUNELLE

ATbl A program for table formatting, somehow inspired by the "tbl"
utility on UNIX systems. Can produce printer output, with
IBM graphics characters, or a regular IFF ILBM file which
can be read by any decent desktop-publishing or word-processor
program. This is version 1.00. Binary only, with English and
French documentation.
Author: Denis GOUNELLE

CPUSet A small assembler utility to manipulate the various cache
modes of the 68040, 68030 and 68020 processors. The copy-
back mode of the 68040 is also supported. The program can
operate from the CLI with single or multiple parameters or
from Workbench via gadgets. Is compatible with Kickstart
1.3 or V2.04 and requires no external libraries or setpatch
commands for the 68040 processor. This is version 1.5, an
update to version 1.1 on disk 571. Includes source.
Author: Nic Wilson

FullView A text viewer that uses gadgets at the bottom of the screen
(thus can display text 80 columns wide), opens up to the full
size of the Workbench screen, displays ANSI color sequences
and can load files compressed by PowerPacker. Also shows IFF
pictures (which can also be compressed). This is version
3.04, an update to version 2.02 on disk 412, binary only.
Author: Jonathan Potter

StopWatch A program to time events, including intermediate events,
with an overall accuracy of about 250 milliseconds (since
the timing events are registered by human interaction).
Version 1.0, binary only.
Author: Joe Rattz, Jr.

SuperLock A very flexible security program that can lock any or all of
the devices present in the system, making access to them
impossible. It can also optionally lock the keyboard and the
mouse. Version 1.01. Requires arp.library. Binary only.
Author: Jonathan Potter

SuperSpell A global spelling checker that checks your spelling no matter
what program you are typing under. Can be used to check
spelling when typing on a BBS, in a text editor, or anywhere
else. Comes with a 9000 word dictionary, which you can edit,
add to or replace completely. Version 1.1, binary only.
Author: Jonathan Potter

SysInfo A program which reports interesting information about the
configuration of your machine, including some speed compar-
isons with other configurations, versions of the OS software,
etc. This program has been very popular with many users and
has been fully updated to include many new functions.
This is version 2.56, an update to version 2.53 on disk 571.
Binary only.
Author: Nic Wilson

TplEdit A gadtools template editor that is able to generate standalone
C source code and does generate its own surface. This is ver-
sion 2.00 beta, an update to 1.00 on disk 480. Requires Amiga-
DOS 2.0. Includes source.
Author: Matt Dillon, enhancements by Koessi

WorldTime A clock that has two states. In the first state, it has a
small window which shows the current time and also the current
time in another city in the world. In the second state, a
large window shows the time in 84 cities throughout the world.
The list of cities is configurable. Version 1.31, includes
source.
Author: Jonathan Potter

This is disk 584 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

DataPlot DataPlot is a very special function "plotter". It does not
really plot the data, but it creates a ".dat" file containing
the function which you typed in and the corresponding values
that have been calculated. The ".dat" file can then be read in
by "MultiPlot" (from AmigaLibDisk 467), so that you can mani-
pulate the data with much more powerful functions than most
normal function plotter programs offer. This is version 1.00.
Public Domain. Source in C included.
Author: Stefan Zeiger

Electron Electron World is a cellular automation described in "Spektrum
der Wissenschaft" ("Scientific American") March 1990. This is
version 2.01, an update to version 1.20 from WizardWorks1.
Shareware US$ 10. Binary only.
Author: Stefan Zeiger

EnvPrint EnvPrint is a handy tool for printing envelopes for letters.
Just type in the addresses or load them from disk, and EnvPrint
will organize the printing job for you. Version 1.20. Share-
ware US$ 10. Binary only.
Author: Stefan Zeiger

ExeC ExeC is a small utility for executing CLI/Shell-Commands from
the Workbench. This is version 1.10. Freeware. Binary only.
Author: Carsten Raufu_

IFFWizard IFFWizard shows all chunks of an IFF file together with a
short description and the chunk lenght. It knows over 170
Chunk- and Type-IDs and descends recursively into FORM-,
LIST-, CAT- and PROP-chunks. This distribution also contains
a companion file with a list of all chunk- and type-IDs known
by IFFWizard. This is version 1.10. Freeware. Source in C
included.
Author: Stefan Zeiger

RevHead REVHEAD is a program for generating info files for your exist-
ing sourcecodes/executables. The info data is stored in a
separate file. Features Kick/WB 2.0 environment. Version
1.05. Freeware. Binary only.
Author: Carsten Raufu_

SpLi A program for generating spheric lissajous figures. Algorithm
taken from 'Spektrum der Wissenschaft'. Version 1.00. Public
Domain. Includes C sourcecode.
Author: Carsten Raufu_

TextStat An extended "wc" (word count) program. It has all features of
the SAS/C "wc" plus the ability to count the frequency of ASCII
characters, alphabetical characters and many other things in
a text. Version 1.10. Freeware. Sourcecode included.
Author: Stefan Zeiger

TurboLife A quite comfortable implementation of the cellular automation
"Life". Version 2.01. Update to version 0.60 from Wizard-
Works1. Shareware US$ 10. Binary only.
Author: Stefan Zeiger

WizardClock The ultimate workbench clock. Features a nice WB2.0 design,
an easy-to-use intuition interface, 3 languages, analog clock,
digital clock, calendar, alarm, and the ability to "read" the
date and time with the "SPEAK:" device. Version 1.20. Public
Domain. Source in C included.
Author: Stefan Zeiger

WizardFiler This nice file requester is an enhanced version of Anders
Bjerin's "FileWindow" from disk 337. It is very comfortable
and has a nice WB2.0 design. Version 1.01. Source code in
C included. Public Domain.
Author: Stefan Zeiger, Anders Bjerin

This is disk 585 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

RayDance Demo version of the RayDance raytracer. This is a fully
functional version except that it requires clicking on a
continuation prompt after every 15 minutes of rendering
time and the total number of polygons and spheres in a
scene is limited to approximately 1400. Includes both
software and hardware floating point versions. Requires
a minimum of 1Mb of ram. Version 1.0, binary only.
Author: Charles Comstock

This is disk 586 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

AzMake A work environment for Aztec C. You can compile, assemble,
link, print, etc your programs by clicking a gadget. Typing
in the Shell is out. Version 1.1, shareware, binary only.
Author: Christian Friedel

BlackHole A little utility that acts like a "super-trashcan" and adds
an appicon to the Workbench backdrop window. As such, Black-
Hole requires AmigaDOS 2.0. You can drag file or drawer icons
onto the Black Hole and you will then be asked if you really
want to delete the items. Version 1.0, binary only.
Author: Parsec Soft Systems

Contour4D Creates colored, altitude mapped objects for Sculpt 4D. Two
IFF brushes are used; one to supply the color for the object
and a second which, by its color intensity, gives an altitude
for the object at that point. Objects are optimised so that
large areas of one color and height become a single larger set
of faces. Objects are output in Sculpt '.scene' format.
Works with ordinary, HAM or Extra-Halfbrite brushes. Any
palette colors can be omitted from conversion and all palette
colors can be of different textures. Full Intuition interface.
Version 1.5, shareware, binary only.
Author: Bruce Thomson

LSlabel A simple label printing utility. Very powerful as the user
can/must do a lot of settings by himself. Features include
variable linefeeds (in 1/216 inch steps) between 21 indepen-
dant lines and freely configurable printer codes. Version
1.1.2, an update to version 1.0 on disk 478, binary only.
Author: Stefan Berendes

Opus8 A program to convert MacIntosh 8-bit sounds to Amiga 8SVX
format. Includes source in PCQ Pascal.
Author: John A. Safranek

TheGallows A hangman type game with over 3000 words. The objective of
the game is to fill in the blanks and guess the word before
the prisoner is hung, after the seventh miss. New words can
be added to the list of words to guess, up to a maximum of
over 9450 words. Version 1.0, shareware, binary only.
Author: Joe Rattz, Jr.

Tree4D Creates 3D branching trees for Sculpt 4D complete with leaves.
Many aspects of the shape and design of the trees are modifi-
able, including color and detail level. Objects are output
in Sculpt '.scene' format. Full Intuition interface. This is
version 1.5, shareware, binary only.
Author: Bruce Thomson

This is disk 587 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

ConLib A run time reentrant library, developed with the purpose of
making life easier for application programmers. It contains
functions to format and display text, accept keys/messages,
strings, or numbers, and to handle cursor and screen control,
among other things. Version 2.00, includes source in asm.
Author: Bjorn Reese

GMC A console handler with command line editing and function
key support. GMC provides extended command line editing,
function key assignment in four levels, extended command
line history, online help for functions in the handler,
and an iconify function. Also includes an output buffer
(dump to printer and window), filename completer, script
function, undo function, prompt beeper, pathname in window
title, close gadget for KS 2.0, etc. This is version 9.11,
an update to version 9.8 on disk 434, with some new features
and some bug fixes. Shareware, binary only.
Author: Goetz Mueller

TMKBP The Multi-Kickstart Board Project lets you build a Kickstart
ROM switcher compatible with the Amiga 500 and Amiga 2000. It
will hold up to 3 versions of Kickstart, and can be switched
between via an external switch. If software does not work
under kickstart 2.0, simply flip the switch and reboot under
1.3. It includes full step-by-step documentation, as well as
schematics, and diagrams. This is revision 3.1.
Author: Neil Coito and Michael Cianflone

This is disk 588 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

FifoLib FIFO: is like PIPE: but is based on fifo.library rather
than its own implementation. Fifo.library is a general
fifo library implementation that supports named fifos,
writing to a fifo from a hardware exception, multiple
readers on a fifo with each getting the same data stream,
efficient reading, and automatic or manual flow control.
Programs that require non-blocking IO can access one side
of a FIFO: connection via the fifo.library instead of the
FIFO: device. Version 3.4, an update to version 3.1 on disk
519. Includes some source.
Author: Matt Dillon

FracBlank A commodities screen blanker written for AmigaOS release
2.x. When running will blank the screen and start to draw
real plane fractals such as described in the September 1986
issue of Scientific American. The resulting images may
remind you of spiders' webs, lace or even the Chladnian
patterns formed by grains of sand strewn across a vibrating
surface. This is version 1.8, an update to version 1.4 on
disk 535, and includes numerous bug fixes and enhancements
(such as multicolor mode). Includes source in `C' and
assembly language.
Author: Olaf `Olsen' Barthel

MandelSquare Yet another program to generate images from the Mandelbrot
set, different from most implementations in that it runs
only under AmigaOS 2.x, requires an '020/'030/'040 CPU and a
numerical coprocessor. The calculation routines were
written in '881 assembly language for maximum speed and
precision. Also included is a `movie mode' which allows
generation of long camera zooms to spots in the Mandelbrot
set. The resulting animations can be saved in ANIM-opt-5
format, allowing to replay them using `MandelSquare' or
standard animation software. Version 1.3, includes source
in `C' and assembly language.
Author: Olaf `Olsen' Barthel

This is disk 589 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

Term A gift-ware telecommunications program written for AmigaOS
release 2.x (Kickstart 37.175 and Workbench 37.67 or higher
required). Features include total configurability, full
ARexx control, Xpr-transfer support, filetype-identification
after download, cut & paste/point-and-click on screen, auto
upload and download, scrollable review buffer of unlimited
size, solid and fully-featured VT100/VT220/ANSI emulation,
optional fast atomic terminal emulation, hotkey support,
powerful phonebook and dialing functions, ability to save and
print the contents of the screen as IFF-ILBM or ASCII file,
full overscan and screen resolution support (new ECS screen
modes included), asynchronous operation and a lot more. Comes
with seven Xpr-transfer libraries (ascii, jmodem, kermit,
quickb, xmodem, ymodem & zmodem) and documentation both in
German and in English. This is version 1.9c, an update to
version 1.8a on disk 534. Includes full source in `C' and
assembly language.
Author: Olaf `Olsen' Barthel

This is disk 590 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
Below is a listing of the significant directories and their contents.

Crystals A computer simulation of three-dimensional crystal lattices
which permit you to observe stereoscopic views of any of the
fourteen Bravais lattices with a variety of orientations,
while rotating and posititioning them in real time. The
frame rate is between 10 and 30 frames per second, depending
upon the options selected and the Amiga being used. It is
primarily intended for educators and students in physics,
chemistry, and geology. It is most suitable for use in con-
junction with a course in solid state physics, or a course
in crystallography. Version 2.15, shareware, binary only.
Author: David McKinstry

EquiLog A Master-Mind type game. Version 1.36, binary only.
Author: Pierre-Louis Mangeard

MICE My Image Code Editor. MICE generates source code from stan-
dard IFF pictures. Can generate either assembly or C source.
Version 1.2, binary only.
Author: Pierre-Louis Mangeard

Seeker A 'find file' type utility for AmigaDOS 2.0 with more fea-
tures than most such programs. Intuition interface supports
AmigaDOS and unix-like wildcards. Several operations can be
performed on found files. Version 1.2, shareware, binary
only.
Author: Donald Lloyd

SuperDuper A very fast disk copier and formatter. Can make up to four
unverified copies from a ram buffer in 36 seconds. Verified
copies from a ram buffer take 67 seconds for one destination
drive, plus 34 seconds for each additional destination. This
is version 2.01, an update to version 2.0 on disk 561. Now
includes a program to fine tune some fields in the trackdisk
device, and a "no click" type program. Binary only.
Author: Sebastiano Vigna

| Dirk Hellmann O O | You can't feel | \_\_|
| Junggesellenstr. 5 | | the beating | \_|
| GERMANY e-mail: |
| hell...@troja.informatik.uni-dortmund.de |