A Linux PDA? (was Re: Can the Newton be carried on beyond Apple?)

Kenneth C. Orr

Mar 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/20/97

On 15 Mar 1997 00:54:48 GMT, "David Perdue" <dpe...@netime.com>
wrote:

>Dub Dublin - Sun Network Ambassador <dub.d...@central.sun.com> wrote in
>article <3329BD...@central.sun.com>...
>> Lars Hecking wrote:

>Point is
>is
>beat
>> >
>> > 1986, Amiga 1000, AmigaDOS: GUI and multitasking in 256k ram.
>
>Try the COCO III, (Tandy) multitasking with 12 virtual consoles with 512k
>of ram.
>I never had it crash.

That is if you are using OS-9 Level II

Actually, OS-9 LII can run in as low as 128k COCO II with OS-9
Level I multitasks with only 64K.

I think OS-9 stil aroung in 68k incarnations, but I am no sure.

Its nice to know I wasn't the only one that used thouse babes. At one
point I had one COCO II with 64K running OS9 Level I and two COCO
III, one with 128k and the other 512k, running OS9 Level II.

Unfortunally I don't own them any more :( They were nice machine to
play with.

Ken