Flap settings in the boeing 737-800 tutorial

Haoliang Yu

Mar 15, 2023, 2:33:42 AM3/15/23
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,
I wang to do some analysis about the config with flap.
But I find that in the boeing 737-800 tutorial.
If I set flap deflact to zero or 25 degrees in the take off config for two calculate.The result shows nothing change.
So what should I do to make flap work? I do not know and I an confused.

Mank thanks
Knight.

Emilio

Mar 15, 2023, 3:06:01 AM3/15/23
to SUAVE FORUM
I assume you're using the estimate_takeoff_field_length method (you can also calculate it from a mission). In that case the wing needs to have some extra settings. First is wing.high_lift=True and the affected areas set. You can see the script that calculates the CL max here.

-Emilio