replacement of suave drag results with CFD results

Draw Bridge

Aug 1, 2022, 2:18:18 PM8/1/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Dear Suave team,

I wanna put my own calculations of drag coefficient into SUAVE. Could you help me, how can I do that?
For instance I have wave drag coefficients for different angles of attack from CFD and I want to replace SUAVE results with CFD results.

kind regards,

Emilio

Aug 1, 2022, 5:36:33 PM8/1/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hey,
Yeah, do you only want to change one source of drag or all of the drag? What about lift?

If you want to replace all the inviscid values you can just follow the tutorial. If you have viscous results, you basically follow the tutorial but turn off the viscous drag calcs.

-Emilio

Draw Bridge

Aug 3, 2022, 8:37:36 AM8/3/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Dear Emilio,

Am I right, that I can use "  aerodynamics.process.compute.lift.inviscid.training_file = 'base_data_1500.txt' " in any tutorial, for instance Concorde tutorial? And could you show please how should looks like  'base_data_1500.txt' ?
Sorry for such stupid question, i am newbee in Suave

kind regards
вторник, 2 августа 2022 г. в 00:36:33 UTC+3, Emilio:

Emilio

Aug 15, 2022, 4:35:52 PM8/15/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Sorry for the delay.

Sure you can substitute out the files. If you open the text files it shows you the format. But you're not really running the concorde if you take the data file from the BWB. Also when you generate the CFD files the coefficients must be scaled to the same reference areas.

-Emilio