Base_data.txt explanation of input parameters

Дмитрий Тарабащук

Aug 25, 2022, 4:17:55 PM8/25/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Dear SUAVE taem,

I wanna use surrogate model SU2_Euler. In BWB tutorial is pointed out that you can input your own CFD data to Base_data.txt file.
Could you explain me what logic we use when we fill: AoA, Mach , Cd and CL ?
Should I keep specific step for Mach, AoA?

2.png
Kind regards,
Dmitrii

Emilio

Aug 25, 2022, 9:00:34 PM8/25/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi Dmitrii,
You get this information from running a CFD case. You would input angle of attack (AoA) and the Mach number. Your CFD code would calculate a coefficient of lift (CL) and a coefficient of drag (CD).

The spacing of your grid for AoA and Mach number is up to you. If you go too coarse the mission will need to extrapolate and it probably won't converge. Too many CFD runs will take time.

-Emilio