Single Propellor Analysis

Beth

Apr 28, 2022, 11:57:48 AM4/28/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone's managed to model a single propellor in SUAVE, to get the specific aerodynamics with just this lifting surface?

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 16.51.14.png

I've got one set up, but when running the code it keeps coming up with a few errors within the /Method/Aerodynamics/ code applied. This might just be how I've set it up, but thought I'd check if this was possible to perform before I spend a bit of time tracking down how to fix this!

Thanks,
Beth

Emilio

May 3, 2022, 4:55:28 PM5/3/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Do you mean you want a stopped rotor to work as a wing?

Or are you trying to perform a coupled rotor/wing interaction study?

-Emilio

Beth

May 9, 2022, 11:22:15 AM5/9/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi Emilio,

Yes I was performing more of a study on rotor and wing interactions, but just focussing on the rotor first before introducing a wing as well.

However, when setting up a vehicle is it essential to also include a fuselage? Im not sure if this is the source of the error.

It says the errors are generated in /SUAVE/Methods/Aerodynamics/Common/Fidelity_Zero/Lift/generate_vortex_distribution.py with just an error related to indexing when computing the unit_normal array.

Beth

Emilio

May 12, 2022, 9:51:14 PM5/12/22
to SUAVE FORUM
You definitely don't need a fuselage. I don't have enough information to fully answer your question.

-Emilio