does rotor bemt work in edge wise flow?

Daniel E.

May 12, 2022, 1:18:19 PM5/12/22
to SUAVE FORUM
The reason I ask is because I am running a transition segment for a Lift_cruise configuration and the rotor stalls in almost any combination of pitch_angle airspeeds I have tried.

If it does work, do you have any suggestions on converging this segment? I have converged the hover segment before, and the fixed-wing segment after and used those values to initialize the transition segment. Would any of the new updates to the transition segments on develop be useful to me?

Emilio

May 12, 2022, 9:48:25 PM5/12/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Yes it does. We're about to make some big changes to the rotor and it will be enabled by default.

If you're using SUAVE 2.5+ the option for the rotor is:
rotor.use_2d_analysis = True

This will do an edgewise analysis. Otherwise it will only take the axial component of the velocity.

-Emilio