Throttle Updation

Hemant Sriram

Nov 23, 2021, 8:37:04 AM11/23/21
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi everyone,

It would be great if someone could help me figure out where in the propulsor or mission files is the throttle being updated for Hover Climb mission profile. I have been trying to find where exactly it is being updated but I am stuck in an infinite loop of sorts. I would be really grateful if someone could help me with the workflow for where the throttle goes and how it gets updated. I have trying to run the test_Multicopter file from the regression scripts. Please do let me know.

I am using the earlier release of SUAVE 2.4.0.

Thanks in advance
Hemant Sriram

ebot...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2021, 12:06:51 AM11/25/21
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,
The hover throttle normally gets updated here. However, since you're on 2.4 and using hover, the mission throttle is not used. Instead it's reset by this one. That leads to this function.

We realize this was confusing and it has been addressed in 2.5.

Hemant Sriram

Nov 26, 2021, 6:12:56 AM11/26/21
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi Emilio,

Thanks for your response. But isn't this part of the Hover segment? why does it get reset by the Network Unknowns? Also I am wondering if there's a place where the throttle gets calculated? I have noticed that the throttle keeps changing at every iteration. Would it be the same for the other configurations as well? or does it depend on some other factors? or the set up of the vehicle?

I have seen the files that you shared but I have not been able to figure out what goes first and why does it go to the next one?

Would be really helpful if you could explain that process.

Thanks
Hemant

ebot...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2021, 1:34:54 PM11/27/21
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,
But isn't this part of the Hover segment? why does it get reset by the Network Unknowns?
Yes, that's why it's fixed in 2.5. Lift+Cruise has 2 throttles, and thus it needs to be managed by the network.

Also I am wondering if there's a place where the throttle gets calculated? I have noticed that the throttle keeps changing at every iteration. Would it be the same for the other configurations as well? or does it depend on some other factors? or the set up of the vehicle?
I suggest you go back and read our paper for a full description of how and why this works: https://suave.stanford.edu/publications/suave.pdf
In one sentence: the throttle is a control variable and needs to be numerically solved.

-Emilio