Adding Multiple Engine Configurations

Luke OHagan

Mar 15, 2024, 9:10:44 AMMar 15
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi SUAVE team,

I'm trying to implement hybrid-electric turbofan surrogate models for a B737-800 vehicle for different flight segments (climb and cruise), such that there will be three turbofan configs in my SUAVE program. One for a hybrid-electric turbofan for climb, one for a hybrid-electric turbofan during cruise, and lastly, a turbofan with no electric power. This is so that I can use different motor power outputs for each segment.

I have tried to create the engine networks within the configs_setup and then create a config for each network, for example:
Screenshot 2024-03-15 130235.png
Screenshot 2024-03-15 130336.png
The question I have really is how I can link the turbofan network that I created to a config so that I can use it in this line in my mission setup: segment.analyses.extend( analyses.cruise ). As the way I have it currently doesn't work.

Any help into how I can add multiple engine configurations and link them to a particular segment config would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Luke