SUAVE BWB running error with latest packages

russell quadros

Nov 5, 2021, 4:45:43 PM11/5/21
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,
Could someone please suggest a fix to this problem associated with running the BWB SUAVE tutorial:

  File "/home/russell/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/SUAVE-2.4.0-py3.8.egg/SUAVE/Input_Output/GMSH/write_geo_file.py", line 100, in read_keys
    f = open(filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'base.key'

The complete error message is attached. I have run the tutorial off the shelf after installing OpenVSP, GMSH and SU2 as suggested in the tutorial webpage and commenting out the following line in BWB.py:
#aerodynamics.process.compute.lift.inviscid.training_file = 'base_data_1500.txt'

The versions are as follows:
OpenVSP: 3.25.0
SU2: 7.2.1 "Blackbird"
GMSH: 4.9.0

Many thanks,
Russell
suave_error.png

ebot...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2021, 12:54:33 PM11/8/21
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,
I've been trying to reproduce this error. But I have been unable to do so.

It's missing the .key file which tells GMSH which surfaces are which for meshing. That .key file is provided by OpenVSP. Can you check the folder and make sure the other OpenVSP files are created? If they are, open them up and check if the vehicle looks okay.

-Emilio