Some questions about Tutorial 'Regional_Jet_Optimization'

Haoliang Yu

Jan 19, 2023, 8:02:52 AM1/19/23
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi, I run the 'Regional_Jet_Optimization' tutorial case.( SUAVE version==2.5.2)
But there are some results different from the tutorial in SUAVE website.

Firstly, when I run this way, there are no plots.V%O%ROXMUPOS8@B8O$PWJC2.png
But the Tutorial said that:'You should see a set of output plots.'
K83$9ZT${0(RER8%K3H4{MN.png
but there is nothing, but only like this, no plots.
F[2Y$53%QCLS1_)40~VFH6K.png

and when I run the third case. using SLSQP opt.There also results "result.txt" in the file folder.But no plots.
HX_(SCBS6C8{3EH2G0@E4A.png

And there is also a question for the second case. the result as follows:

LYVAVRZSRT%20$OMX])8XV.png
Left is the result by run the script.
Right is tutorial case figure.
I think the valne of 'fuel margin' should be larger in the blue area, not like the left one.

So are there somethings wrong?

Mank thanks,

Knight.

Emilio

Feb 19, 2023, 8:43:11 PM2/19/23
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,
I just ran this and got the same contour plots you got. I think this tutorial needs some updating. We're close to a new release anyways.

We're also making new plots to go along with this.

-Emilio