Importing from OpenVSP

Aaron Gilbrook

Oct 17, 2022, 7:59:16 AM10/17/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,

I have been trying to import a .vsp3 file into SUAVE for analysis, and I have used the following:

from SUAVE.Input_Output.OpenVSP.vsp_read import vsp_read
vsp_read('filename.vsp3',units_type = 'SI')

However, when I go to execute this, I get the following error:

NameError: name 'vsp' is not defined.

Within the error it shows the line vsp.ClearVSPModel() within the vsp_read() function.

Emilio

Oct 17, 2022, 8:22:39 AM10/17/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,
That can happen when OpenVSP is not available to Python or installed incorrectly.

To check go open a python shell and import vsp. If that works, then it’s an environment issue. If not, I would take a look at the documentation for OpenVSP.

-Emilio