Settings in aerodynamic analyses modules

Sebastian Leblic

Mar 25, 2022, 3:55:28 PM3/25/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi all,

For context: I am running a supersonic_openvsp_wave_drag analysis. Supersonic_Zero analysis module works for the same mission setup file.

I have recently downloaded the newest version of SUAVE and I have a few minor notes/questions to bring up:

1) Every time I dive into a new version of SUAVE, I have to repeat a few steps which include adding a few settings parameters to the supersonic_openvsp_wave_drag module (ex. 'settings.propeller_wake_model' and others need to be added to the defaults setup) as the 'initialize' function calls on these settings. These parameters are defaults indicated in the supersonic_zero module, but not in the openvsp_wave_drag file. My question for this is: is it intended that these setting parameters are not defined in the defaults section for openvsp_wave_drag and therefore I should not have to be adding these? Or is it something that does need to be added, it's just getting missed? If I should not have to be adding these settings, what is the source of error that I am missing?

2) In the most recent SUAVE versions, SUAVE.version is called in the inti.py file for SUAVE imports, yet there is no SUAVE.version folder/file that I can find. I have commented this line out in the mean time, and all seems to work fine after this. I am just wondering, should I have to be commenting this line out, or is there something I am missing here as well?

I have no problem going through and fixing these minor issues every time, I am just looking to confirm that I am not approaching this in a manner that indicates a more fundamental problem being present in my execution of a mission setup or use/setup of SUAVE in general.

Thanks in advance for the help and feedback!

Cheers,

Sebastian

Emilio

Mar 30, 2022, 2:42:10 PM3/30/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi Sebastian
1) Ooh, this probably needs updating. If you get things working, please submit a PR. I think the core dev team has moved on from using this analysis regularly.
2) That's cheating. The reason you're missing that file is that SUAVE is not installed correctly. We had to add a generated file to check versions because folks were mismatching tutorials.

-Emilio

Sebastian Leblic

Mar 31, 2022, 3:13:20 PM3/31/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi Emilio,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will work to get a PR submitted at some point then!

And yes, it is cheating a little ha, I will look into what I did wrong.

Sebastian