Hybrid-Electric Fuel Cell

Haoliang Yu

Nov 11, 2022, 12:36:06 AM11/11/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi,

I want to do some research on hybrid aircraft. And I find that there are many models in SUAVE. But I do not know what should I do next.

I find battery models and some other models  in the folder as follows

V4DDQ2%XU10K~}4$~9_NKVR.png

@N3~E@5IKGH3M(T80}@VJH.png
X1M5WPZP(OS1W@1D)(}T)[Y.png

There only are some models abour ‘batteries’ and 'fuel tanks'.
So if I want to analyse a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Powered UAV ,  even more a hybrid-electric aircarft, turboelectric aircraft. What should I do?
I prepare to set up some electric power model in SUAVE. Because I do not find any SUAVE publications about hybrid or turboeletric.Would you give me some advice?

Knight

Emilio

Nov 18, 2022, 2:53:09 PM11/18/22
to SUAVE FORUM
Hi Knight,
There's certainly going to be some assembly required. We tried for a while to have premade fuel cell and different hybrid turboelectric networks. However, everyone had totally different needs. There is no one network I could make that would solve two peoples problems.

I would suggest you take a look at the components we've provided and which components you need. You may need to make a new component class. Then draw (on paper) how you want to connect these components and then start coding out a network. A lot of this will be copy and paste from prior networks.

This seems hard. But I know that many folks have done this same thing themselves. The hard part of this is the engineering side, not the SUAVE coding or configuration.

-Emilio