[PDF/ePub] The Silent Epidemic: Coal and the Hidden Threat to Health Writen By Alan H. Lockwood

Lucas

Mar 27, 2022, 5:30:25 PM3/27/22
to sua...@googlegroups.com

The Silent Epidemic: Coal and the Hidden Threat to Health - Alan H. Lockwood

READ & DOWNLOAD Alan H. Lockwood book The Silent Epidemic: Coal and the Hidden Threat to Health in PDF, EPub, Mobi, Kindle online. Free book, AudioBook, Reender Book The Silent Epidemic: Coal and the Hidden Threat to Health by Alan H. Lockwood full book,full ebook full Download.

Read / Download The Silent Epidemic: Coal and the Hidden Threat to Health

DESCRIPTION : Why our dependence on coal-produced energy is bad for our health: a physician maps the connections of burning coal to death and disease.We will not find "exposure to burning coal" listed as the cause of death on a single death certificate, but tens of thousands of deaths from asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer, heart attacks, strokes, and other illnesses are clearly linked to coal-derived pollution. As politicians and advertising campaigns extol the virtues of "clean coal," the dirty secret is that coal kills. In The Silent Epidemic, Alan Lockwood, a physician, describes and documents the adverse health effects of burning coal. Lockwood's comprehensive treatment examines every aspect of coal, from its complex chemical makeup to details of mining, transporting, burning, and disposal--each of which generates significant health concerns. He describes coal pollution's effects on the respiratory, cardiovascular, and nervous systems, and how these problems will only

DETAIL :

Author : Alan H. Lockwood

Pages : 229 pages

Publisher : MIT Press