Dirty trick by Stanford to sneak in censorship

1 view

Red

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

Subject: Re: CFV: sci.forestry.misc and misc.industry.wood-products.misc
Newsgroups: news.announce.newgroups,news.groups,alt.building.construction,alt.construction,bionet.agroforestry,misc.industry.pulp-and-paper,sci.agriculture,sci.environment,sci.materials

> FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
> moderated group misc.industry.wood-products.misc
> moderated group sci.forestry.misc

Note how the phrase moderated did not show up in the Subject line?

Be sure to mail the following text to vot...@uvv.stanford.edu so to
prevent the cabal from sneaking in another worthless newsgroup:

To: vot...@uvv.stanford.edu

> ======== BEGINNING OF BALLOT: Delete everything before this line =======
> .-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> | 1ST CALL FOR VOTES: sci.forestry.misc and misc.industry.wood-products.misc
> | Official Usenet Voting Ballot <MIWM-0001> (Do not remove this line!)
> |-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> | Please provide your real name, or your vote may be rejected. Place
> | ONLY your name (ie. do NOT include your e-mail address or any other
> | information; ONLY your name) after the colon on the following line:
>
> Voter name:
>
> | Insert YES, NO, ABSTAIN, or CANCEL inside the brackets for each
> | newsgroup listed below (do not delete the newsgroup name):
>
> Your Vote Newsgroup
> --------- -----------------------------------------------------------
> [ NO ] misc.industry.wood-products.misc
> [ NO ] sci.forestry.misc
>
> ======== END OF BALLOT: Delete everything after this line ==============

Curtis Jewell

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

Red <r...@rahul.net> wrote in article <5ti68f$12s$1...@samba.rahul.net>...

> > FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
> > moderated group misc.industry.wood-products.misc
> > moderated group sci.forestry.misc
>
> Note how the phrase moderated did not show up in the Subject line?
>
> Be sure to mail the following text to vot...@uvv.stanford.edu so to
> prevent the cabal from sneaking in another worthless newsgroup:
Worthless? Yeah, RIGHT! I'm voting YES. This is needed.
Besides, just because omit one word doesn't make them bad. You should
READ the proposal, then you'd see that they aren't hiding anything.
(Notice where I did it)
The message that this is a reply to is officially vote fraud, by the way.
(the one with a filled-out CFV)
--Curtis Jewell
(follow-ups set to news.groups only.)