[cs-students-announce] Apply to teach high school girls to code - GTGTC

1 view

Katherine Liu

Feb 9, 2015, 3:18:47 PM2/9/15
to cs-student...@lists.stanford.edu, ms...@cs.stanford.edu, ph...@cs.stanford.edu, wo...@cs.stanford.edu, servi...@lists.stanford.edu, conside...@lists.stanford.edu, s...@lists.stanford.edu, wics-re...@lists.stanford.edu, bases_opp...@lists.stanford.edu, symsys_...@lists.stanford.edu

Want to inspire high school girls to code? Have you taken CS106A, or are you taking it this quarter? Apply to be a mentor for Girls Teaching Girls To Code’s annual Code Camp, which will be held on Saturday, April 11!

As a mentor, you will help teach 200 high school girls programming basics and then lead (in small groups) a 1-hr exploratory workshop that you design. Last year, our students overwhelmingly cited the mentors as their favorite part of the day.

What you get:

Breakfast, lunch, and a networking dinner on April 11

Free T-shirt!

Lots of fun, and the satisfaction of inspiring high school girls

We’re looking for undergraduate and graduate students of all majors, who have taken at least CS106A by the end of winter quarter. We welcome all applications; however, we’re particularly interested in women who can serve as role models for high school girls.

Fill out a short application HERE by Saturday, February 20, 11:59 pm!

Feel free to check out our website at http://girlsteachinggirlstocode.org/, or email Emily Tang at emj...@stanford.edu with any questions.